Wednesday, March 05, 2008
we've created a CHOC-O-MONSTER!!!
I should say... CLARK created a choc-o-monster. My whole life growing up we could NEVER have sugar cereal, except for on our birthday... we could go to the store and pick out a "birthday cereal", it was usually like pacman cereal, or strawberry shortcake cereal. They used to make the best cereals, or at least it seemed that way because we could never have them. So I guess I've sort of adapted that mentality as a mom and I don't ever buy crap cereal. I don't feel good about my daughter eating a bowl full of sugar for breakfast. However, this is one of those instances where you and your spouse clash a little in your parenting philosophies. Clark loves cocoa-puffs. About a week ago, I asked him to go grocery shopping for me since I wouldn't be able to go for a few days and we had literally crumbs in the cupboard. Besides, Clark always buys good stuff while I stick to my list. So he comes home with cocoa-puffs, froot loops, 5 boxes of fruit snacks, two kinds of cookies, etc... I purposely hid the cereals in the back of the pantry so Aspen couldn't see them from her 3 foot vantage point, and it's worked for a week. Well, this morning... Aspen comes down to the kitchen while Clark is having his nutritious bowl of cocoa-puffs and he starts feeding her, of course she had to have her own bowl. So here is aspen after 2 bowls drinking her "chakat mulk". Yes, she can say it and she knows what to do with it. I'm afraid there's no going back to cheerios from here... we're doomed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You are SO busted!!! Maybe that should be my new "grandma's house treat" but I don't think I can actually give in --- it goes against every fiber of my being!
that is funny ... our daddy is a bit of a softy too!
love the rock climbing pics ... go Clark! that is awesome!
luv c
So funny Katie! Good luck breaking that little habit! You'll have to really hide it now!
Post a Comment