Sunday, March 09, 2008

My apron(s) finally made it to Texas!!


So I can finally post some pics of the apron-s I made to send to my apron swap buddy, Pam, in Corpus Christy, TX. I didn't want to post them earlier to spoil any element of suprise. I had originally bought the fabric that I made the other apron out of (scroll down a few posts)... then I read Pam's blog, and from the sounds of it, she's a country girl through and through. So, I thought maybe I could have some fun with that. So i went back to the fabric store to make another purchase... being that I had my ever helpful almost two year old with me, it makes really contemplating any kind of decision near impossible, so I grabbed a few fabrics and some pink whoppers for the ride home and here is what i came up with:


I think it's cute and I'm happy with how it turned out, but to be honest it was one of those projects which by the time you finish it you can't decide if you really like it anymore or not. (It doesn't help that it was probably well after mid-night at that point). So, I had some left over fabrics and i started just playing around, and well... here's what I came up with next:




I REALLY liked how this one turned out. So then I was in a little dilemma of which one to send to her. Which one would she like better? I had no way of knowing, so I just packed them both up and sent them off. From Pam's blog, I learned that she has raised her own children and now is a foster parent to more children, so I figured this way... if someone is in the kitchen cooking with her they can both have an apron.


This was a really fun swap to be involved in, I enjoyed making the aprons, as well as receiving one in the mail, I would definitely do it again. Thanks Abby, for putting it all together. Who knows, maybe someday i'll get the chance to meet my new friends in person, but for now it's just nice to have a few more crafty friends out in cyberspace!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See if Pam knows Dave Alexander down there in Corpus Christi. He lives right on the beach too. He's my uncle. Not that it will be any kind of crazy coincidence, but I like making the world a little smaller anyway.