Thursday, March 06, 2008

happy mail... not so happy baby!


(forgive the smudge on my counter top... I didn't seem to notice when I was taking the photos)

(it's hard being almost two)

So after a long and crazy day at work, I arrived home to find a fun package on my doorstep... My apron had arrived! Thanks to Erin... my apron swap buddy...i love it!!! So fun. The package was so cute, she had made this darling apron (these photos of me don't do it justice... esp in my cute brown sweat suit), a matching oven mit and even chocolate chip cookies! It totally made my day. In fact, this day has been brightened by a few different things...

1. Aspen didn't cry when I dropped her off at daycare this morning... she actually jumped out of my arms and started playing with her friends... this minimilized the mommy-guilt factor throughout the day.

2. In the middle of a VERY hectic day at work, one of my co-workers, went to the cafeteria on her break and brought everyone up a cookie... and I'm talking big cookies. I got a big peanut butter one... talk about a pick me up, along with a fresh D.C. that got me right through the afternoon.

3. And while we're on the topic of cookies... my order of Girl Scout Cookies arrived today as well. (I'm thinking I'm up about 700 calories just on cookies alone today).

4. Arrived home to find my fun package along with some other fun things in the mail...

5. My friend, Elise, sent me this cute letter that had the instructions to this darling baby sweater she knit. I don't know if I'm talented to take on this project... but I'm excited to give it a try. just the envelope this letter in brightened my day as well. Thanks, E... with so much e-mail these days it's rare to find a fun suprise in the mail.

6. I also got a paycheck in the mail today from and event that I originally thought I was just volunteering for... bonus!

7. My cute friend, Ashley, from work just returned home from an amazing two week trip to Brazil with her hubby, and being as thoughtful as she is, she brought me home a cute pair of earrings. sheesh, how did i get such gret friends.

So all this good stuff was only offset by one bad piece of mail from my bank notifying me of insufficient funds... oops! i was so happy about everything else that it hardly put a damper on my mood.

oh yeah, and another good and bad thing was that Clark thought his new class schedule started tonight, so last night we hung out together and had fun (we don't do much hanging out together these days)... well, turns out when he went to class tonight he found out class really was last night... oops (bad for him... good for me). So we got another night to hang out together.

Anyhow... thanks to everyone who made my day...ERIN, ELISE, JAN, ASHLEY, CLARK, ADVANTUS, & Girl Scouts of America
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

gramakas said...

Wow that was quite the day! or maybe just the end of the a day! Your apron is so cute... Erin did a good job of matching you up and I'm anxious to get some cookies from the new cookie recipe. OK so now I REALLY, REALLY want to go to Brazil! Do we know anyone that speaks Portugesse? (sp?)Oh yeah! Heidi!!!! Let's all go next year!

Elise said...

Kates. You are tooooo cute. I tell all of my friends here to check out your blog so they can see the Queen of craft and what we can aspire to. If I can, you can TOTALLY do the sweater. There are only a few random stitches that you have to learn, but other than that it's smooth sailing. I could even video chat with you to show ya... You're the cutest. Have a great weekend!

E

matt and brynnzie said...

I love the Apron, I can't wait to see what mine looks like. I'm glad you got cookies. They can make anyone's day better.

TX Crafter said...

Hi Katie,
I wanted to say thank you sooooo
much for the wonderful apron (aprons) that was so sweet. You did a great job either apron would have been fantastic, but to send two? You are too kind. I took them to a church function last night and showed them off. And the packaging was so cute.
Thank again,
Pam in Corpus Christi TX

{owens} said...

Oh Katie, you're so welcome. You're such a great friend even though we only see each other every once in a while. See ya next week at work. Have a good weekend. Love, Ash

Crazy Girl Blond said...

Katie,
I am so glad that you like your apron. It looks really cute on you. I am glad that the package came to on the day that you needed it. I hope you enjoyed the cookies and I hope you enjoy the recipe. I got my apron Saturday, along with 6" of snow and I am cranking out another batch!
Thanks!
Erin
http://crazygirlblond.blogspot.com