
Happy birthday Aspen!
Today was Aspen's birthday and she turned two! We had a fun little party at our house with grandpa's and grandma's and aunt's, uncle's and cousins. Thanks to all who came and we missed those who couldn't make it... although truthfull, I don't think our little house could have squished too many more people, but the more the merrier and we would have loved to have seen everyone. I've been telling aspen all week that her birthday is coming up, and I even hung up the birthday decorations a couple of days ago. Everytime she would come to the kitchen, she would say "party"! Usually we celebrate birthday's for a whole week... at least we drag it out that long. This time it was practically all month. We bought aspen her gift a few weeks ago, it's a little tikes outdoor climbing and slide thing. Although it's been too cold, so it's been our new family room furniture.
I saw an ad in the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago for this cutest cupcake stand from Macy's. Apparently, Martha Stewart has a housewares line at Macy's and I couldn't resist it. I was talking about it at work and we got on the subject of cupcakes and one of my co-workers said she had the recipe for cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery in NYC. I was so excited... I've been there before and their cupcakes are sooo good... like stand in a huge line around the corner to wait for cupcakes good. So I thought I would give it a shot. They turned out pretty good, maybe not quite Magnolia good... but for my first time I thought I did okay. It was just fun decorating them. Aspen pretty much just went for the frosting....

Grandpa and Grandma K. warned us the other day that we were going to hate them for what they got aspen for her birthday... they might be right. They bought her this battery powered ATV... getting her started young. She loves it, hasn't quite got the hang of steering yet, but she knows how to punch the gas.



3 comments:
I can't believe Aspen is already 2! Times sure flies. She's adorable and the cupcakes look fabulous. Any chance I can snag the recipe?
Move over Martha! Katie, those cupcakes look delicious! You are amazing! Glad they turned out so well!
Watch out Martha, here comes Katie! I am jealous of your craftiness and cooking skills. Now you just need to make me a cupcake because I am pretty sure I couldn't do it myself. Aspen's party looks like it was fun!!!
Post a Comment