
So my brother and I have always had a love/hate relationship. While we were growing up... is was mostly hate, like most older brothers... he made it his mission in life to torture me and make my life as a little sister pretty much miserable. (please note photo documentation above, as said older brother is throwing said younger sister overboard at Lake Powell). As we've grown up we've made ammends... a little. From time to time he still finds ways to torture me, like today for example...
Anyhow. As if that's not amazing enough, he has decided to dedicate his run in the support of a great cause... Juvenile Diabetes. We have a cousin, Zach who was diagnosed with JD when he was very young and has has been such an example to all of us in having a positive attitude and taking whatever life hands you and not letting it slow you down. He is such a great kid and is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So Cameron has ha asked his friends and family if he finishes this race, would they be willing to donate at least $5 to support the cause of Juvenille Diabetes. We'll be posting updates and photos and videos throughout the day on heidi's blog if you want to see how he's doing!
So keep a little prayer going today for cam, and for those perservering with Juvenille Diabetes as well! (and wish me luck on the 8 miles).
2 comments:
I remember those days... ahhhh, Where was your mom when all of that was going on?
I just read your sisters blog and I'm almost in tears! How awesome of your brother to not only torture you completely (I had one too!) but to run so far and have such great family support! You have a wonderfully athletic family and very inspiring. I know I'll never run that far, but it is exciting to see such love and dedication!
Post a Comment