
So here's the follow up to the previous post about cameron and his amazing feat (and feet), of running the wasatch 100... in case you didn't catch it... that's ONE HUNDRED MILES of running. Seriously, i don't even like driving 100 miles, let alone biking, or running. Anyhow, Cam did it and he did AMAZING!!! The time limit is 36 hours, and he was hoping to at least come in under 30 hours.... well he blew that goal right out of the water coming in under 27 hours! his official time was 26:58:32. He just amazed us, we kept thinking he was going to start slowing down or crashing at some point, but it never happened.. in fact he kept getting faster and faster. He finished his last 5 miles in under 40 minutes. I would feel pretty good even on my best day to run 5 miles in 40 minutes... let alone after you've already gone 95 miles.
I had the opportunity to pace him from Lambs canyon to the top of Milcreek canyon. It was about 8 miles, mostly hiking. We hiked up a pretty steep couple miles, then got to the top right as the sun was going down. I guess Cam decided he wanted to make up some time and get to the bottom before it was too dark so he stepped on the gas and just went. If anyone has ever been mountain biking with him, you know he has one speed... FULL. And apparently it's the same with running, he was flying down that trail. All he said to me was pick your feet up and keep your eye on the trail. Talk about good advice. The trail was single track and totally overgrown, one wrong step and you would be body surfing... grateful that never happened! So we made it to the bottom right as it was getting dark and hiked up Milcreek canyon.
You can check out heidi's blog for more photos and blow by blow details... but it was awesome! I was glad to have been there and been a part of it and I'm so proud of my crazy brother!
These are the t-shirts heidi designed and that we silk screened with her YUDU machine.
Here we are at Brighton Ski Resort at about 2am. LaRane had just finished running 14 miles with Cam and was trading off to cam's friend, Jeff Roundy who paced him the last 25 miles into the finish line at the Homestead Resort in Midway.
Here's just another picture of Cam and I as we took off up Lambs Canyon. Turns out, i wanted to just keep going with him, it was a nice break from the kiddos. (Clark had been gone for a week at this point)... you know it's bad when you'd rather just keep running then go home and deal with crazy kids! :)
1 comment:
AMAZING!!!! I can't believe it, I don't know how it is humanly possible to run that far and that long! Tell Cam congrats! By the way, love the shirts!
Post a Comment