Sunday, September 20, 2009
weekend getaway....
We had such a GREAT weekend getaway, so fun! Thanks to the Christensen's and the Alexander's, we were invited to stay in a cute cabin in Island Park, Idaho! We all hit the road Friday evening and rolled into the cabin around 11:30pm... you know just perfect timing for the kids to have slept the whole way there and then be wide awake and ready to be up all night. By the time we finally got everyone in bed, including the adults, the guys were up at 5:30 to go fishing (apparently 10 days of fishing wasn't enough for clark..wink). After the crazy fishermen returned, we all loaded up in our cars for a fun and long day of driving and adventure. Our first stop was at mesa falls, followed by Island Park, then into West Yellowstone so at my request we could stop in on Traci's parent's candy shop and Christmas shop. So fun! And seriously the best ever handmade fudge and taffy, we did not buy enough! The bummer was that at this point the battery in my camera died... BAD timing. Our next stop was actually into Yellowstone National Park. Clark and I are ashamed to admit that we've actually lived our whole life and never stepped foot in Yellowstone. So we got into the park around 4pm, long enough to drive up and check out the famous "old faithful", and then the crazy amazing hot pots. That was the most spectacular thing I think i've ever seen. Unfortunately, the sun wasn't going to stay up for us long enough so we headed out of the park. We didn't get to see any bears (phew!) but we did see plenty of buffalo, elk, and even a golden eagle. It was such a great trip! I'll post some more pics tomorrow when my eyes can stay awake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Dad reminded me that we did take you kids to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole when you were 3 months old! Still your feet never did touch the ground; we just carried you everywhere! It was a really fun trip, since you don't remember!
How have you not been to to Yellowstone?! I love it, I'm excited to see pictures!
I love your picture of sweet Aspen! Thanks for the blurb about my parents cute and YUMMY store! I still don't get sick of sampling all the goodies when I am there...not surprised!
Post a Comment