Wednesday, September 02, 2009
creative escape...
I was lucky enough to get away this past weekend and hop on a flight to Arizona for the 4th annual creative escape! First off, can I just say how awesome just the flight was?!? So nice to fly all by yourself and only have to put your purse through security, not a stroller, and two kids, and extra bags and dora backpacks... just a purse! On the flight down, i sat in an exit row... all by myself. So nice. I had even prepared by renting "17 again" on Itunes and watched it on the ipod. Unfortunately, the flight from SLC to PHX isn't nearly long enough to get through a movie. When they came overhead and announced that all electronic equipment needed to be turned off, I was like can't you just keep circling for another 45 minutes! The first time I didn't want a flight to end, just me, an exit row, diet coke, and zach effron... yep.
anyhow, the flight did come to and end and Heidi was there to pick me up and swing through in n out burger... seriously, the enjoyment just continues! And then for the next 2 days i got to have a great time volunteering in Heidi's class making a fun project and visiting with lots of fun people. As much as I love my job as a nurse, it's so nice just to get away and do something completly different. Not to mention how spoiled you get just being at creative escape, at a beautiful resort, eating yummy food, and... even though we didn't get a lot of sleep the fact that I got a whole nights sleep was priceless! For a more detailed run down on this great event, check out heidi's blog, and tim's blog.
It was a great getaway... thanks Clark for taking on super duper daddy duty so i didn't have to worry about anything and just enjoy mysef. Until, that is i got pulled over and got a speeding ticket on my way home from the airport. Talk about reality check... vacation OVER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
thanks for being there for me sis...i love you
Ahhhh, my darling daughters! What a joy to me!
The last trip I took, my DH was all: Are you so excited to take a nap on the plane?
My reply: are you KIDDING me? Do you see this stack of magazines and books and my laptop? No, I am going to ENJOY this flight. By My Self
How fun! What a great way to fly - my husband and I recently took a trip just the two of us and it was weird to be able to actually READ on the plane! How fun that your sister has such a cool job that you get to reap the rewards of too!
Post a Comment