Wow, today is September first... I always feel such a surge of energy when i've survived August. It's NOT my favorite month. Back to school time is always such a new fresh start, even if i'm not starting back to school. Unfortunately, Clark IS starting back to school... sigh, and deep breath! 2 semesters to go!!!!
Anyhow, here are a few pics to update on what we've been up to the past month or so... mostly for the benefit of grandpa and grandma in Fiji.

aspen has just been busy busy busy and up to all sorts of mischief... While I was out of town last weekend at creative escape with heidi, Clark was on daddy duty. (As a side note, Aspen apparently told her teacher at school that her mom had gone to China with her boyfriend.. the teacher was a little concerned and had to ask Clark where his wife had really gone!)
He bought Aspen her first bike, she loved it until of course she biffed it after about 5 minutes, then didn't want anything to do with it again. I'm sure it won't be long before she's back in the saddle again! I had to post the picture of her piggy tail braids (in the top right corner) because Clark did those braids all by himself.... wow, he has made some real progress in the hair-do department. I laughed that he took a photo to prove he's got skillz! But mostly, Aspen spends her days running all around the house inside and out in some sort of princess/ballerina/fairy costume getting into all kinds of trouble. There was of course, the original costume she came up with the other day when she came out of her room with her polka dot blanket draped over one shoulder and across her body, she looked up at Clark and said: "Look daddy, i look just like Jesus". We got a good laugh from that one, and i'm thinking she can keep dressing up as Jesus as long as she wants, that's a lot better role model to emulate rather than Hannah Montana which is her other idol... how she knows who Hannah Montana is I have NO idea! She's a riot and keeps us laughing all the time!
Anyhow, here are a few pics to update on what we've been up to the past month or so... mostly for the benefit of grandpa and grandma in Fiji.

aspen has just been busy busy busy and up to all sorts of mischief... While I was out of town last weekend at creative escape with heidi, Clark was on daddy duty. (As a side note, Aspen apparently told her teacher at school that her mom had gone to China with her boyfriend.. the teacher was a little concerned and had to ask Clark where his wife had really gone!)
He bought Aspen her first bike, she loved it until of course she biffed it after about 5 minutes, then didn't want anything to do with it again. I'm sure it won't be long before she's back in the saddle again! I had to post the picture of her piggy tail braids (in the top right corner) because Clark did those braids all by himself.... wow, he has made some real progress in the hair-do department. I laughed that he took a photo to prove he's got skillz! But mostly, Aspen spends her days running all around the house inside and out in some sort of princess/ballerina/fairy costume getting into all kinds of trouble. There was of course, the original costume she came up with the other day when she came out of her room with her polka dot blanket draped over one shoulder and across her body, she looked up at Clark and said: "Look daddy, i look just like Jesus". We got a good laugh from that one, and i'm thinking she can keep dressing up as Jesus as long as she wants, that's a lot better role model to emulate rather than Hannah Montana which is her other idol... how she knows who Hannah Montana is I have NO idea! She's a riot and keeps us laughing all the time!
Sweet little Bryson is seriously not so little anymore, although he still is just as sweet. He's got two little teeth and I think he's working on a few more. The only time I could capture them on my camera was when he was screaming his guts out. He had a lot of fun up at the cabin and according to daddy... he LOVES his Federal Premium Ammo cammo onesie... I'm not so sure about that. What I am sure is that the cabin is the only place he's allowed to wear it! We put him in the leaves to see how well the camo really works... He's also such a little rolly-polly. He can cover some ground just in steamroller mode. I'm afraid my favorite baby stage of just being able to set the baby down on a blanket with some toys and not have him escape is rapidly coming to a close. I sure have enjoyed it while it's lasted! He really is such a super happy little guy, he LOVES to eat, LOVES the bath, and LOVES being held.
Well, we're off to enjoy the first day of September, it's still going to be like 92 degrees today, but somehow the air feels just a shade fresher and cooler!


2 comments:
Yes, Shae is pulling herself around and is such a busy girl! Enjoy the non crawling while you have it!
Love the braids, don't you love it when daddy's do their little girls hair, so tender.
Post a Comment