So Clark has decided that since I am on a 9 month vacation from running, that he would just fill my shoes for a while. Actually his feet were much too big for my shoes... and he's also proving to blow me out of the water while he's at it! It all started with him running the Wastach Back relay a couple months ago. He decided it felt good to be in shape and be able to actually run without wanting to lay down and die. So he's decided that while he's in the groove he might as well train for a marathon. Crazy guy. Seriously, the entire time we've been married I've tried to get him to run with me and ever time he did, we would finish and he would say, "what on earth was fun about that?" I guess he's figured it out! I always told him it's not so fun while you're doing it but it's pretty awesome when you're done! Especially after you cross the finish line. So yesterday he ran in the provo 1/2 marathon and beat my last years time by well over 5 or 6 minutes. I guess it helps when your legs are twice as long, I guess you only have to take 1/2 as many steps. Good job Clark!

Clark was easy to spot as he came running through because he was a good foot taller than the other runners around him.

Clark was easy to spot as he came running through because he was a good foot taller than the other runners around him.

This is our friend and neighbor, Irwin, who Clark has recruited as a running partner. This was his first ever running event and he did great!
Here is Clark and Irwin with my friend, Andrea, who was one of my two faithful and trusty running partners until I began my leave of absence. As always she kicks butt when it comes time for the races and i'm at least glad I wasn't there to be put to shame by her! They all did great... good job! I did however notice all of them walking a little more carefully at church today. ha ha, that part isn't so fun.


1 comment:
What kind of twisted hobby is that?!
Post a Comment