Sunday, August 03, 2008

a few random updates...

Here is a pic of our new roof! It's not the most exciting home improvement, although it's still an expensive one and i'm amazed at how much it really does improve the curb appeal. Below is a pic of the original roof, I never realized how orange it was. I have to be excited about the roof when I think about how much else i could have done with that money... like a new bedroom set or something.


Meet "kitty". This strange little cat appeared in our backyard a few weeks ago. It was pretty sad looking, so we took pity on it and gave it a can of tuna. That was our first mistake, the thing hasn't left our backyard since. And as you can tell, Aspen is in love with "kitty". She carries it all over and wraps it up in baby blankets. I guess it's preparing her for a little sibling. And amazingly it puts up with her, I don't think it's ever tried even scratching her. Clark i think loves it too. I, however, am having a harder time accepting our new little backyard friend.

For Christine.. here's the belly. Does it look like a boy in there?

A couple of weeks ago, we got hit with a MAJOR wind/rain/hail storm. I'm talking probably the biggest craziest storm I've ever witnessed. I'm just grateful I was inside... I was getting ready to head out when it hit. Sadly, the garden took the biggest hit of all. It was just getting all big and beautiful and almost ready to harvest veggies when this happened.


The fence between us and our neighbors took quite a hit as well. It's now a couple weeks later and things are starting to come around a little. I think all is not lost. This whole experience has made me so grateful for how little we are affected by natural disasters. I keep thinking of the tornado's in the midwest and the hurricaines in the south. This storm was hardly comparable, but still pretty big. We are so blessed where we live. I'm just grateful it was nothing worse!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

{owens} said...

LOVE the belly picture. It's so cute, and yes, very boy. Love ya. Ash

hks said...

you look SOOO cute kates... you wear it well!
heids

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so envious of your cute cute cute belly. Yes, definitely a little boy in there. You're one yummy mummy!

Clark Captions said...

So sad about the garden! Love the kitty and your cute little bambino belly!

Elise said...

Kates. You look FANTASTIC! Congrats on the boy : )