
I finally finished my mini-album that I mentioned earlier. It's the final project from Heidi's year to remember class. Appropriately, the assignment was t make a mini-album highlighting a few things you wanted to remember from 2007. The book is eight pages and it has a right flap on each page which is why i posted each page twice. The first view you can see what i want to remember, and the second view has more photos.
This first page says, "I want to remember pursuing our dreams in 2007. Since this year started with me applying for school and ended with Clark going back instead, it was definately a year of giving it our all. You can't see very well, but one of the rub-on quotes says, "Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want".
The second page says, " I want to remember Aspen's first birthday party", a girl only turns one, once afterall! I will always remember Aspen's first birthday because that's also when she started taking her first steps.
The next page says, "I want to remember crossing the finish line, twice". In april i ran the Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon, and in Aug. I ran the Provo river 1/2 Marathon. I've decided that I'm perfectly happy running 1/2 marathons and I no longer need to feel like I should be training for more. I have no desire to beat myself up anymore than I already do. Running these races was so much fun, I love the feeling of accomplishment and I love being at a race event with all the other crazy runners. Somehow it makes all that waking up at 5:00 am to get some miles in worth it.

This page says, "i want to remember a week at the beach". We made so many great memories spending a week at the beach with my family in Aug. especially getting in lots of "swapp time" before they up and moved to China. I know that is a vacation we will not soon forget and hope we can do it again sometime. Thanks mom and dad!!!

This page says, "I want to remember our Christmas Tree tradition". It seems like for the first few years we were married, we obviously hadn't formed any traditions being that traditions are created over time. So, now that we've done Christmas a time or two (or seven) together, we are starting to pick up on things that we look forward to every year. Or every-other year in this case. We had a lot of fun going with Clark's family up to the South Hills in Idaho to find our perfect tree. It was a little "charlie brown-ish", but we loved it.
I couldn't help but document these photos, i definately want to remember "Aspen's pink boots". These boots were a gift to Aspen from her Aunt Janae last Christmas, but the didn't fit her until the summer. She loved them and would wear them almost every day. She still finds them and wants to wear them, although they don't quite fit anymore. We can still squeeze her little toes in, but she can't walk very well.
This page is about more traditions. It says, "I want to remember our family holiday traditions". There are pictures from our Kasteler family round-up, our Kasteler family Halloween party (can't soon forget tink), and of the Easter egg hunt at my mom's house. Thanks to family which makes holidays fun and memorable.

Okay, so this last page is my favorite. It says, "I want to remember how much Aspen loves her daddy". I'm sure i've mentioned it before but she is SUCH a daddy's girl. These are a few of my favorite photos of the two of them together from this past year. There's nothing better than seeing how sweet your sweetie is with your little child. It's the best. (The photo of Aspen putting something in her little bike is Clark's rock climbing stuff. I think Clark mentions how excited he is to take her rock climbing like EVERYDAY!) good stuff!
I know these memories obviously don't mean as much to anyone else, but nevertheless, I wanted to share. This was a really fun project and a great keepsake.
8 comments:
Hi Katie,
I am a huge fan of your sister's and around about 6 months ago came across your blog. I love reading how you are all going and seeing all your inspiring work, you are such a fantastic scrapbooker!
I am 21 years old and have been scrapping for about 2 years, i love it. The mini album you have shared in this post is fantastic, such a wonderful keepsake.
Thanks for sharing, best wishes for 2008.
Kindest Regards,
Victoria in Australia
Love your book!!!
I LOVE the "Learn How to be Happy" quote! And the book is so amazing. I wish I had the patience for scrapbooking. For now, my blog will have to suffice. Great job!
LOVE it Katie. You do such a great job and you are a fantastic mommy. Congrats on finishing that project.
great job ... its turned out awesome! i haven't done that project yet, but seeing yours reminds me how i need to ... as its very cool!
luv chanel
I am so impressed with your mad scrapbooking skills and super jealous at that. Lucky little family to have such a great mom.
such great memories! what a great idea!
It turned out so great!! I think its such a great way to remember 2007.
Post a Comment