Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rededicate in 2008

WARNING:
PLAGAIRISM BELOW






This is a little mini-book kind of album thingy. I'm not sure exactly what it is. I made it to house my 2008 new years resolutions, goals, or as I like to put it, "area's of improvement". I guess I view new years goals as more of a time to reflect on what am I doing with my life really? And am I doing well, or just eh. So I thought about these areas of my life: financial, physical, spiritual, family, and personal. I just wrote down some of my feelings about what's going on in my life in each of those areas and how i want to improve. A few years ago, I went to a class heidi taught and the class made a project VERY similar to this, only without the photos and goals. I've had my project and just never really done anything with it. So I sort of re-vamped it into what it has become. I really like the quotes throughout, they come from a book called, "ever wonder". And it just asks some good questions that make you stop and think. In case you can't read them very well, here are a few of the questions:


Why be afraid of something you want?
If you are not happy with what you have, how can you be happy with more? (uh... financial?!?)
Where do you draw the line between possible and impossible?
If not now, when?
Do you live life from the inside out, or the outside in?
What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
Do you have to see it to believe it, or rather do you have to believe it before you can see it?

i really liked these questions, and they helped direct my thoughts on what do I want to accomplish, remember, or improve upon this year.
Hopefully, having my goals in this fun and bright little book, i will look at them frequently and check-in with myself a few more times before December rolls around!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elise said...

UMMM. I LoVe the creative posts of your projects. So you're saying that this scrapbooking/projecty stuff runs in your family, huh??

Clark Captions said...

I love your book Katie! Sooo creative. I want to help you with your goals...in particular free babysitting Aspen while you and Clark go to the temple! There is nothing like a good sealing session with your honey.