okay, well now I have to finish the rest of the story (see previous post). I was so urgently called in to work to be there by 7:00pm, only to wait until.... 1:40AM for my first patient to come out of surgery... HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was painful. But that patient came and went and we were so hopeful to go home, when the O.R. calls to say they've added another case, ugh. So we had to wait another hour for that case to finish. Feeling the need for a serious pick-me-up, I hit the staff lounge, home of the never ending fountain of joy (the diet coke machine). When I got in the lounge, I noticed something I had simply never noticed before... a massage chair. Oh yes, like the ones you see in the sharper image store or those cool gadgety stores. It was a blessing sent straight from heaven. I sat there for about a half hour, drinking my DC and enjoying my massage. (pretending of course, i was lying on a masage table on the beach somewhere warm basking in the sun and drinking a banana-pina-colada. ) wow, what a lifesaver. I was relaxed and rejuvinated to last the rest of the painful night. Finally clocking out at 4:30am and crawling into bed to snuggle up to Clark about 5:00am. Only a mere 23 hours and 15 minutes from the time i woke up the previous morning.
In addition to discovering the massage chair, some of the other productive things I did while waiting seven hours for my patient was to add some fun updates and links to my blog (feel free to check them out), I read almost half of a Christmas novel I borrowed from my mom called, "Finding Noel" by Richard Paul Evans, and watching a Discovery Chanel program on squids. I don't think I want to run into one of those on my next dive that's for sure.
So after all that, I'm taking the day off. It's home-church day in our house.
5 comments:
So funny, Katie. I wish I could have seen you after that shift. Were ya feelin' a little goofy??
do you remember driving home??? LOL
How sad for you :( I noticed that you charged yesterday. You are moving up so fast in this PACU World! See you in a couple of hours.
so THAT'S where you were instead of the Wallin Family Christmas Party. I guess it's a pretty good excuse...
:)
Oh my gosh Katie, I've been jobless for the past 7 weeks for the first time since I turned 16 and after having normal sleep every night for 7 weeks, I find myself going WHAT was I THINKING?!?!?!?! My life was always like that! Chaos! Juggling work meetings! Speeding to get from one job to another! I vowed to myself that from now on, I will only have 1 job at a time unless Chris loses his job or something. And maybe even then, I'll try selling a kidney on the black market first. Seriously, I don't know how we do it.
Post a Comment