Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The reason for the season


Okay, first off, I have to admit, I totally "scraplifted" this little project from my friend, Chanel.
I figured that since she lives in Australia, probably no one would see her's at her house and see mine at my house, but I still would feel guilty taking credit. And really to give credit, the original idea came from Heidi's BPS class. (don't pretty much all great ideas seem to generate from heidi?) Well, my tree needed a little something extra and I thought this would add some interest. I really like it as well, it reminds me that this season is about Peace. It hardly feels that way... so far this month we've had:

ward Christmas party
South Mountain Christian Church Christmas Concert
Friend's get togethers
Work Christmas parties

and we're still anticipating:

family Christmas party
more friend's get togethers
still have to finish Christmas shopping
still have to get Christmas cards in the mail
still have to get on those neighbor gifts

okay, you get the idea. I'm sure you can all relate! Well, we got an awesome gift of "peace" last night. We went to Clark's work Christmas party (at La Caille...fancy, fancy). Cameron and LaRane graciously took Aspen so we didn't have to pay a babysitter. When I called LaRane yesterday to tell her what time we'd be dropping Aspen off, she said, why don't you just let her spend the night. Really? okay, well, twist my arm! How nice was that? What a treat.

So after the Christmas party, we just had an enjoyable night and stopped by my parents house to go hot tubbing since we were freezing. Then this morning, I got up and went running then came back to bed and just slept in until whenever. it was so great. Seriously, a HUGE thanks to cam and larane. Seriously, that was the best mid-Christmas-chaos gift we could get. I'm always reminded of how little I serve others when I become the beneficiary of someone else's service. I realize how much it really meant to me and I want to pass it along. So thanks again for not only the peaceful evening, but for the reminder that the best gift we can give others is to serve them. It's our way of serving our Savior.

I remember reading an article from the Ensign last Christmas, unfortunatly, I can't remember who it was from but in it, it said: "our Savior's gift to us is life, how we live it is our gift to him". I know I need to remember that more often. i hope you all can have Peace this season as well.

4 comments:

gramakas said...

I believe I called you last Fri and you were tending your friend's kids so I think you fit into that service arena just fine... you just don't give yourself enough credit! (I know what you mean though, we can all do alittle more)

Camdog said...

Collin was sad that she was not sleeping over tonight. he kept asking when she was coming back over. LOL She probably was glad to go home...as he tends to practice his "big brother" skillzzz on her.

Love the creativity. Seriously...the shirt too...that was AWESOME. I'm totally impressed.

Anonymous said...

apparently cam's name is default...so camdog is really me.

chanel said...

your banner looks so cute, i do love mine too! your sister is so clever ... we are lucky she has all these good ideas to get us going! :-)
luv chanel