Sunday, December 09, 2007

sew crafty project #2


This little dress of Aspen's was my second sewing project recently. Believe it or not, it started out as one of Clark's old shirts. You can see the back of the dress is made from the previous front of Clark's shirt. The front of the dress was the back of the shirt and the sleeves are made from... the sleeves! My friend at work showed me this pattern and I thought i'd give it a try. It actually was quite simple. I'm going to have to go to the D.I. and buy a bunch more men's shirts to make some more little dresses. I think Clark will start to notice if all his shirts slowly become dresses.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kage said...

good job. Have you been to the refashion blog? It's way inspirational

Anonymous said...

You are so crafty! Seriously, I was talking to Jake the other day about how un-crafty I am and pointed out the fact that I am probably one of the only women in the world that will never own a sewing machine... Then he pointed out that he took sport sewing in high school and could sew better than me! We laughed, but it is true! The dress is so cute!

Brooke Bowen said...

that dress couldn't be any cuter! I think we need to start calling you Betty or Martha!

erika said...

that is so cute! I was thinking when i saw her on Sunday how cute her dress was, and now that I know the story behind it, it is even cuter (and I am very impressed!)
PS - i love the babysitter stories (previous post of yours)...classic.