Friday, December 07, 2007

Adventures in babysitters...

So last night I had planned to go on a girls night out dinner with some of my nursing friends who I've worked with for 9 years. Clark wasn't going to be home and since I didn't want to miss out, I just called up one of my neighbor girls to come babysit. okay, so the last time this babysitter came over was a couple of months ago. Clark and I went to a movie so we had our phones turned off and when we came out of the movie we had 2 urgent messages waiting for us. The first one went something like this:
"uh, Aspen just threw-up all over and I don't know what to do, i'm kind of freaking out here".
the second message went like this:
"Uh, Aspen just keeps throwing up, I don't know what's wrong with her. I had to have my dad come over and help me clean things up".
Poor girl, when we finally got home, the whole house smelled like... well, you can imagine how it smelled, and Aspen was just lying on the floor, completely wiped out. Which is highly unusual. So we paid the poor puffy eyed babysitter a few extra bucks and said thank you and I'm sooo sorry.

So hoping that she had recovered and considering that Aspen has been feeling just fine, I asked that same girl to come babysit last night. All was well until i'm sitting at dinner and get a text message from Clark after he got home and the text said something like this:
"Just got home, aspen is asleep, babysitter is cleaning up the bathtub from the present Aspen left her during her bath". yep, aspen is an official bathtub pooper. i don't know what the deal is, she just must get in and feel so comfy and relaxed that she can let it all out... literally. I just had to laugh and shake my head. Poor babysitter. So again, paid her a few extra bucks, said thank you and I'm sooo sorry.

I'm sure she'll officially never say yes if I ask her again. In fact, i wouldn't blame her for screening my phone calls all together.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Poor babysitters. They will definitely have good experiences when it comes time to be a mom. Dane had the same "bathtub" problem. I bought a potty seat for the toilet and lifted him up on it when I thought it was going to happen. He has gotten the hang of it and I think it's been a good start to the whole potty-training situation!