Monday, June 25, 2007

Where are they now?

So, this year was my ten year reunion. I'll admit, I wasn't very excited and i didn't even go. Now i'm wondering if I'm feeling bad about not going. Maybe a little. I guess i told myself that I really keep in touch with most of my closest friends that i would want to see anyway. But I am curious just a little about what everyone is doing now. This is a photo of some of my closest girlfriends. I love this photo because I have lots of dance pictures with lame-o guys who I could care less about now, but these girls are really my friends and I do keep in touch with most of them still, so i'm glad we took this photo. Some of these girls I see all the time and some of them i just run into occasionally at the grocery store, target, or running races. I know some of them like Danielle, and Elise have moved across the country, and some of them like Amanda live just down the street. Ali's husband works for my dad so i get to keep up with her lots, and Sara has Clark's old job at snowbird.

I guess when I thought about going to my highschool reunion, it made me think of all the insecurities I had at that time of my life, I think we all had them... but I'm glad I had great friends like these to get me through! Thanks for your friendships! And I'm sure we all still look just as great as we did in 1997 at WA!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I seriously haven't seen that picture in 10 years! How cute we all are. I didn't go to the reunion either and i regret it just a little bit. But, then again, most people I really cared about seeing I have found through blogging (like you =) So, all in all, I think it's okay that we skipped out on it. We have 10 more years to prepare for the next one!

PS. I might be able to make digital blog headers, but you can do all that stuff in real life, you little scrapbook pro! I totally didn't realize that Heidi Swapp is your sister either. I have seen links to her stuff from so many blogs and thought she was this famous scrapbooking girl and little do I know, she is your sister. I'm such a dork.

Kage said...

Hey, mine was 3 days ago. Although I helped to organize people thorugh a myfamily.com site, I ended up having NO DESIRE to go...especially b/c of the expense that would have been involved. I imagined it and imagined myself having to say :"I'm SORRY" a lot...b/c I was a little INTENSE and focused in high school, and had little patience for those who weren't....I had a much better time going to my daughter's recital I am sure. DON'T FEEL BAD...20 will be WAY more interesting anyway

Anonymous said...

Well, I had my reunion last weekend and I went... After I went, I realized why I didn't want to go... Sure, there were some people I wanted to see, and it was great to catch up, but I realized that a lot of them were just clinging to the past and it was pretty lame! Anyways, it was probably a good thing you didn't go. That was to be the first and last reunion that I attend!

gramakas said...

You girls look so darling!!! How well I remember those days -- you always had such great friends!!! This is a really fun post!

hks said...

i can't believe it's been 10 years for you little girl! holy cow... i did got to my 10th, and remember thinking how fabulous all the girls looked, and how out of shape all the boys were! kinda funnY!
not much changes in 10 years... but 20 is huge! (me in 3)
yikes..
hks

Elise said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... and I am still laughing! Nice outfit. Is that a one piece?!? At least I was skinny enough to fit into it back in '97. Love it! I guess everyone opted out of the 10, lets shoot for the 20! I'm with you on keeping up with the close ones. Now I know what's up with you (and hopefully vice versa) via the blogging world. Technology is great : )

Still laughing,
E

Melanie said...

Is this the dance you went to with CB Fernelius?

Amanda said...

That picture is too cute! I didn't go to the reunion either... we had Les Miserables tickets, which was awesome! But I talked to Shanlon who went to the reunion and she said it was okay. She said it was fun to see some people, but others were not so fun. We will all have to go to the 20 year so we can get another cute picture though. Amanda