So this is sort of a follow-up post to Clark's previous post about rock climbing. I know he's just dying for Aspen to get big enough to take her. He's getting her all trained up by letting her play with his rock climbing equipment. these are some photos of her dragging them all over with her. I seriously wonder why we buy her baby toys... she'd be happy playing with all her daddy's toys any day! Clark also got out a couple of his drums and let her bang her little heart out. She's got rhythm that's for sure, and everything else she makes up for in style! I have no doubt this little one is a little clark jr!
So this week has been pretty crazy, Monday morning Clark went in for his knee scope and here is a photo of him by the time I got there to pick him up.


The next few days were actually pretty nice because he stayed home from work so I was able to go out and get things done when aspen was napping because he was home. Not that he was really able to get up and around, but he was at least there. But he didn't get too much recovery time. I left on Thursday morning for Youth conf. with the youth in our ward. So I'm thinking back to when I was a youth and our leaders were probably thinking to themselves, "Just wait, when these kids grow up it'll be payback time!" that's totally what it was.... ha ha. We had a good time, we met early Thurs. morning and drove to Ogden to do Baptisms for the dead in the Ogden temple. From there, we drove up Ogden canyon to some really nice campgrounds. We spent the next couple of days doing everything from floating down the river (which was so shallow that my booty got all bruised up from all the rocks.. ouch!), to a service project trimming the trails and roads within the campgrounds for 3 hours, a ropes course which ended up backfiring a little... if you've ever done a ropes course, the idea is that it builds trust, communication and leadership within the group... well, I think we ended up with the opposite effect, oh well hopefully they learned something from it anyhow. We had a pretty busy couple of days camping and it's just funny to now be a leader because it really doesn't seem like it's been that long since I was one of the youth going on those kinds of activities. Hopefully they had good time!
Meanwhile, Clark and Aspen were left home to fend for themselves, I call it "Katie-appreciation time". ha ha! They were pretty happy to see me when i got home. Maybe I should go out of town more often. Anyone up for a girls trip? Let's plan something!!!
hopefully we'll have some fun pics to post this week from upcoming fourth of july festivities and fun with cousins coming in from out of town! i also just want to note that it's officially the first day of the BEST month of the year!!!



2 comments:
Yea JULY!!!! Let the fun begin!!
go girl ... i am all for it! once a year i try and pop away .. give them some time to fend for themselves ... its good for everyone. of course this year was major lightbulb material when i went to USA (to visit heidi) so i'm out of time for this year ... LOL! send our best to Clark .. love the rock climbing pics too, its hard work! but i like it!
Post a Comment