Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July fun...



So Saturday morning while Heidi was checking into the hospital to deliver lucky baby Connor,
Clark and I got a babysitter at 7:30 in the morning and drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon for a few hours of rock climbing. Something we used to do on a 2-3 X week basis... but oh how things change with a baby! I think this is only about the third time I've gone since little Aspen entered the picture. I think it's good however to get out once in a while and re-visit the people we were before our lives were never the same again! it's good to have some "us" time.

a few other highlights from last week:

Visiting our local Kennecott Copper Bingham Canyon mine. How educational, and fun to visit Clark's job. That's him driving that big truck down there... j/k he's the one that hires and fires those truck drivers!




Fun fun at the "Kasteler Round-up". A fun family party that happens every time a Kasteler cousin gets married.... cowboy attire required, Aspen was up for the challenge! Lucky for us, her dress is so big that she'll be able to wear it to the next round-up!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Elise said...

Kates. You guys have so much fun!!! You've inspired me to revisit some of my "old" self activities... tennis here I come : )

gramakas said...

That looks really fun? Oh, I mean !!!
Before you know it Aspen will be right there beside you guys... You look tough!

chanel said...

the rock climbing looks so cool ... will have to try the real thing (and not the fake indoor one) have a fun day

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to just get away from responsibility for awhile. So much fun! Jake and I decided to go on a "just us" trip to NYC in Oct. London will be left with Grandma Allen- of course. Another good reason why having only 1 child is nice... Might be awhile before we decide on having another one.

Anonymous said...

nice reverso clark ;) I'll have to tell you about the 5.12c I sent down in veyo! If you guys want to go climbing, hit me up!

Melanie said...

You look so so cute in all those pics, Katie! And I'm very much in love with Aspen's outfit. Lets hope it makes to several more round-ups.