


It's so exciting, everyday we go out and look in our garden and find little suprises! It seems like if we forget to check it for a day or two, when we go out there again everything seems to have doubled in size! I personally can take NO credit for this garden, it's been 100% Clark. I must admit, I'm totally impressed with his skills. We've been married 6&1/2 years and I'm still learning new things about him. I guess that's a good thing, we've still got a LONG ways to go so i hope we haven't figured each other out completly yet.... then what? One thing I have figured out about Clark is that although he does have a hard time remembering most people's birthdays, and pretty much leaves it to me to pull together mother's and father's day gifts, and christmas for everyone else... he totally pulls through when it comes to me. I guess I can't complain about that right? So being that today has been my birthday... I told him he could buy me 5 items from the dollar store. Well, he did a lot more than that. He suprised me big time with a new camera! It's something I've been totally craving for the longest time, but the totally sensible and practical me that I can't beat out of myself with a stick kept telling myself we so couldn't afford it, and well I do have a camera and it still works... and I continued to be frustrated not being able to get the photos you want. You know when you're trying to capture a moment, just a little smirk or expression and by the time you have pushed your button half way down and waited for it to focus then get around to acutally taking the picture, the moment is long gone and you get the side of someone's head instead. Ya, I've got lots of those kinds of photos. But those days are long gone, because my cute hubby, who is completly opposite of me when it comes to things like this... he figures out a way to make it happen, and he made it happen! A big thanks to everyone who went in on it with him as well :) He even get this... SOLD some of his cherished rock climbing equipment... that is totally unheard of. That is the definition of self-less-ness. Now I feel totally guilty though, because i know that I relentlessly remind clark of how much money he has in rock climbing equipment and in my mind each piece of equipment is the equivelant of a new pair of shoes in my minds eye.. so for him to part with some of his gear... I know he must really love me. So I spent today playing with my new camera and lucky for me, I have this great subject to photo at my disposal... here's what I have to show for it!



5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good one! Way to go Clark!
Looks like Clark is using more than "cockleshells and silver bells" to get that garden growing! Very impressive. Congrats on the camera... I',m sure it will be put to good use!
LUCKY GIRL!!! and the big HAPPY B-DAY. Join the ranks of the 28 y.o.'s : ) So does your new precious happen to be a Cannon Digital Rebel. If so, I am VERY jealous. It's been on my wish list for awhile now... I shooting for 2010! he he he
man, i am impressed with the garden! that stuff just don't happen here in AZ!! but i am working on growing some fake grass... it's coming along!
happy birthday little sister!
enjoy your camera~!
heidi
Happy (late) Birthday! Nice cameras are just oh, so nice to have around. Your husband sounds like such a sweetie for hooking you up like that.
Post a Comment