Such a fun and relaxing weekend! We headed up to the cabin Friday afternoon after Clark took off from work a litte early and we headed up the canyon to beat the heat! We brought along our good friends, Jared, Erin and their little boy, Cash. So fun! Cash is about a month or so older than Aspen so it's been fun to get together every few months and see how they change. This trip was a lot of fun because they were totally interacting with each other. They both call each other "baby". i love it! Lucky for us, we stopped at Ken's Kash in Oakley and picked up some bricketts (sp?) for the dutch oven cobbler dessert... and it was a good thing we did because just as we got ready to put dinner on the BBQ, we realized there was NO propane...uhg! So quick thinking as we are, we looked all over and found an old charcoal bbq under the cabin... problem solved! So we had some yummy bbq and had the coals all hot and ready to go for the peach cobbler. We have a tradition when we are with Jared and Erin, it's about eating REALLY well. This weekend followed suit! Breakfast was a classic cabin breakfast: scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, oj, and even some yummy buttermilk pancakes (recipe courtesy of LaRane... thanks!). So i think we fulfilled our goal of eating WAY to much. i wish we could say we went on a really long hike to burn it all off, but I would be lying, instead we all took naps. I think one thing we've all learned in the past year of parenthood is to seize the moment when baby is sleeping! so we all found spots to crash and it was great! Thanks to good food, and great friends! We had so much fun!!





4 comments:
She is going to break alot of hearts. I guess she better get started. Cash doesn't look like he minds though.
I love that they call each other "baby." So cute!
They are perfect for each other! Dane has a little girlfriend, but she is 8 months older and a little bossy. It's so fun to watch them play. Too cute!
I just noticed that you have a link to Bear Grylls' blog. I LOVE it! That's hilarious!
Post a Comment