
okay so it's been seriously warming up around here. Like 90-95ish. okay, so not quite Arizona Hot, but Hot enough, especially when you don't have air conditioning. Clark has been saying for about a month now that he needs to get up on the roof and get our awesome swamp cooler up and running. But as is life, there's been no time for that. So last night, by the time we both layed down ready to fall asleep, we laid there for about ten minutes and both sat up at the exact same time... I said, "I'm going downstairs" (to lay on the couch in the much cooler family room which has a celing fan), and Clark says, "I'm going to buy a fan". (Mind you it's about 11pm. So a while later, I'm cooling off downstairs, I hear the front door open, close and then lots of racket and fooching (DEFINITION: FOOCHING is a term used to describe the vocalization of frustrations when doing any kind of project, usually home-repair related. Fooching was originally coined by my dad, can include grunts, throwing things, and occasional expletives *!#@0). Okay, so there wasn't much fooching, but probably because we had just barely gotten the little bug to sleep and no one wanted her to wake up again. So following the fooching, I hear this horrible loud sound... something like a jet engine ready to take off. So by this point, I knew i needed to check things out. I go upstairs and get closer and closer to this loud noise. I walk into the bedroom to see Clark standing over a large box, lots of paper and this fan going about a million miles an hour. He sees me and says, "I HATE Wal Mart"! I thought he had the thing on full blast so i just told him to turn it down. Oh no, that was down, and believe me it could go much louder. He said Wal Mart only had really little fans, and fans you had to assemble with a million pieces (IKEA style was i believe the way he phrased it) or this one... the Industrial Strength, Heavy Duty, High Velocity floor fan. We just started laughing. I think we had both been a little edgy from the heat and the previous three hours of crying baby... it was one of those moments where you have to laugh or else you'll cry. So we just hunkered down, found a couple ear plugs and tried again to go to sleep. Hopefully Wal Mart has a good refund policy.
5 comments:
funny post ... i can just imagine the big guy getting it sorted .... gary will love to hear this story - and quite honestly would have done the same thing i guess! hope you got some sleep after all of that!
luv chanel
lol... i appreciate the official definition of 'fooching'...
i had almost forgotten!
you need to get those tall 'sea breeze' fans... i think we got them at walmart... they are deluxe. maybe try a different walmart. hks
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha... I'm laughing so I won't cry for you! Loved the "fooching" defination... you got it right on!
ooohhhhhh that's funny!!!
Freaking HILARIOUS! Love that definition. I have always done it, now I know what to call it. This term will spread like wild fire now. I'd expect to see it on Wikipedia within months, if not weeks.
Post a Comment