Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shout Out...

I just have to give a shout out to my CRAZY bro, Cam, who as I type is competing in his first ever IRONMAN Triathlon. Good luck to you. He said the race started at 7:00 am, he was guessing it would take him an hour or so to do the swim, then 4 hours to bike 100 miles, and another 4 hours to run the 26.2 miles. So I'm figuring he's probably about mile 60 or 70 of the bike right now. I will admit, it was motivation to me today. I set my alarm to wake up and run at 5:30 this morning, and when it went off, I hit snooze a couple of times debating with myself whether I should really get out of my cozy bed or not. I wasn't planning on meeting up with my running friends, so it wasn't like anyone was waiting for me. But then I thought to myself, i guess if Cam can get up and do a freaking IRONMAN, then I better get up and get my 6 miles in. I'm training for the Provo River 1/2 marathon August 11th. I'm really excited, I've heard it's a great run (mostly downhill). Plus in addition to me and my two (hard-core) running friends, there are about 6 or 7 people from my work who will be running that race as well, so it'll just be a big party! Today is also the Wasatch Back relay trail-run from Logan to Park city. I think it sounds just crazy enough to be fun. So for anyone interested, I'm so wanting to get a team together for 2009. That gives you 2 years to get in shape... plenty of notice. So anyhow.. good luck Cam... kick butt! Thanks for the motivation!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

No Way!!! In Hawaii I volunteered for the Ironman a few years in a row and couldn't believe what those athletes could do. I started to get teary-eyed everytime someone crossed the finish line. Cam is the man! Woo Hoo!

Kage said...

Is he seriously nuts? I hope he does great...and you too with your training.

chanel said...

funny ... i read your post, and it helped me on my 1 hour run today ... hello! 1 hour is so not bad ... compared to an ironman! LOL

Camdog said...

I think you made the right decision