
This was my attempt at Heidi's big picture project of the week a couple of weeks ago. The original project had this cute pink clock from target, which was of course sold-out by the time I went to buy one. But i did find this little black one for $3.79, so I bought a couple of them to play with. Originally it came with a second hand as well, and I thought it would be really cute to emboss red embossing powder on it to make it pop. Well, not so smart considering the hands are plastic, so when I used the heat gun to melt the powder, it melted the hand as well. oops. The other hands I decided to play it safe and spray paint them. My garage floor is becoming a little spray paint art studio! i was happy with how it turned out, my scrapbook room is sort of becoming black, white, and red... just as it's coming together. I'm hoping to make it to IKEA today (hoping the crowds are starting to fade a little), and buy a new desk. If I find the one I want it'll fit perfectly into the look I'm going for! so exciting! I'm rewarding myself... yesterday I worked and it was such a nightmare day! It started with walking into work in the POURING rain (which at least cooled things off a little so we didn't have to sleep with the jet powered fan the night before) only to find that 6 of the 20 rooms in the SICU were flooding. What do you do with Critically Ill patients in rooms that are flooding? You think fast and transfer out patients that might be a little less sick than others and rearrange rooms. Then I had patients family members calling from out of state and chewing me out over the phone because it's against the law for me to give out patient information over the phone. On top of being in the first week of our "care transformation", which is the name the hospital has given to the nightmare of switching from paper to computer charting. I keep telling myself it will get better, and be more efficient at some point, but for sure this first week isn't that point yet! So it was a CRAZY day! Now I'm glad to hang out with Aspen, enjoy that it's not blazing hot, and hopefully make it to IKEA!!!!
3 comments:
super cute on the clock! i love it.. that sticker fit on there perfect! and for under $4... that rocks!
there is a freaking cute chair at ikea that is black and white damask. you need it for your studio to go w/ this clock! for sure.
love you... sorry about work.
hks
What an awful day yesterday... I can't stand water where it is not supposed to be! That makes me cranky too. I hope you told those family members from out of town that they were dealing with Katie, MN -- maybe it was just obvious!! IKEA tomorrow baby!
Darling clock! I would love to come to your house and see all the fun things you have done. We are way close to each other. Let me know!
Post a Comment