Monday, June 11, 2007
Change
So here is my posting of this months Art Challenge from heidi's Big Picture Class. The life challenge was to re-visit your goal that you set in january and take inventory on how you're coming and what changes you need to make in your life to achieve your goal. You can read more about it on heidi's blog, and see mom's posting too. So my original goal in January was to get accepted to CRNA school. I even flew down for an interview. I ended up not getting accepted which was initially a disappointment, but mostly a relief. It made me really think about my life, my family, and my career and what was most important to me. In the end, as my layout describes... my priorities have changed. I think I just really had my career goal in mind and didn't know how it would fit into my family. Hopefully someday I'll get the chance to fulfill that goal, but I now realize that time isn't now. So instead, here I am six months later and I just got offered a position in the new Intermountain Medical Center that will be opening late October 2007. It will be working in the PACU (Post-Anesthesia care unit) AKA "Recovery Room". So it'll be quite scaled down as far as intensity goes from what I'm doing now in Intensive Care, but it'll still be patient care which is important to me. It'll just have better hours, no nights, weekends, or holidays! YEAH!!! So I guess it's just another realization to me that I'm not always in charge of my life, as much as I like to think I am. But this feels good, this feels right. I know this because I don't have that sinking feeling I had when imagining myself back in school, buying books, paying tuition and taking out LOTS of money in student loans! Having a baby changes everything, my family absolutly comes first. I'm lucky to have a husband who has supported me 100% in anything I have chosen to do. I'm so thankful for him! And you know how I am about holidays... with Father's day coming up this Sunday, it officially starts "Father's week". So happy fathers week to all you dad's out there! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
your LO looks awesome ... good to hear things are working out with your work, you must be happy!
say hi to Clark from us! luv chanel
What a great layout.. everything works together so beautifully -- as always you do a great job.
Post a Comment