#1. "The Goose Girl" by Shannnon Hale. I have been needing a good book to read for a while. I've read a few random books lately that haven't been all that great and truthfully haven't been "sucked" into a book probably since the twilight series (aside from the 4th one which.... ugh). So this book has been recommended to me a few different times and i always forget about it when I'm standing there in the library trying to find a new book. But i did remember and pick it up a few weeks ago. I read the first few pages and chapters here and there and really never had time to really get into it until two nights ago. It was slow at work so I started reading, went home that night and read for a few more hours, then got up the next morning and finished it. I loved it! Such a great story. It reminded me a lot of "the princess bride", it's set in that sort of a time and setting and it's about a princess, war, love, secrets... a little bit of everything. I'm most happy that it's the first of a trilogy so I automatically have another two books to read. She's also the author of "the Princess Academy", and "Book of a Thousand Days", which have also been recommended to me. So I'm glad to have found a new author and some good books awaiting!
Okay, technically I didn't just finish this one... but i did go see the movie last night. With Clark even! I figure last week I submissivly went and saw James Bond, so it's tradsies as far as I'm concerned. Okay, so I had to laugh during the movie because I asked my friend, Debany, at work what she thought of the movie when she saw it opening night and I have to agree with pretty much everything she thought. I don't want to offend any major twilight fans and keep in mind that i'm a big time Jacob fan, but here goes...I thought they did a pretty good job and it's always fun to see how things that you've imagined come to life in a movie. I think they actually did a pretty good job with the characters... but it was all so ackward. Granted being in high school is ackward in general. It seems like Edward and Bella just gazed into each others eyes a lot and had ackward conversations. My biggest complaint (even with the book) is that I don't think Edward and Bella's love is believable... and they didn't sell me on it anymore in the movie than the book. I do have to agree with Debany about Jasper who really does look like he's going to throw up the whole time, and what was with her nasal cannula while she was in the hospital... I've never seen one positioned like that on anyones face before. My favorite part of the show was definately Edward's car... and funny because I'm not a big car person. Anyhow, I'm really not trying to bag on the movie, it was fun and I'm still just mad over the whole series that she doesn't pick Jacob. Even in the movie Jacob has WAAAAY more personality than Edward.

And finally, last the best of all... one to surely NOT dissapoint. I started watching Alias probably 6 monts ago and tried to drag it out as long as possible. I so didn't want it to end. This has by far been my favorite t.v. series.... loved it loved it loved it! Mostly loved Vaughn... but loved it all. If I weren't me... I think I'd want to be Sydney Bristow she definately fits the 4s's .... Sporty, Sexy, Strong, and Smart! And her boyfriend is Vaughn (don't worry, Clark and i have an understanding about my infatuation with him.... click on the link above and you'll see what I'm talking about ). I just thought it was super entertaining and it changed enough with each season that it never got old. Although it was a little far fetched... okay a lot far fetched, that's what makes it so fun. And you can't really believe when someone dies in the show because you never know when maybe 5 episodes later they show up. Good at times, bad at times. So I HIGHLY recommend this if you like to have a good t.v. show to have on hand. I borrowed the first 3 seasons from a friend, then just got the rest from the library 2 disks at a time.
And that's my tv/movie/book reviews for this week... probably for quite a while since life as i know it and any free time I have now is in short supply! :)
BY THE WAY..............GO UTES!!!!!!!
5 comments:
Katie. Seriously this is CRAZY... I'm like your entertainment twin! LOVE Goose Girl. I read it like 4 years ago, but I still remember how great it was. Twilight was ok, but I could not force myself to finish 4 either... after falling asleep 3 times it went out the window... Haven't seen the movie yet. ALIAS is the BEST ever. We got hooked while season 4 was still on, but did the same marathon thing and followed it to the end. I would however love a refresher on the last season... I should check it out! Reading this, and you last few posts made me really miss you! I'm so jealous that you get to see A and Clay too... You da bomb!
You have to make Clark write a review of his Twilight movie going experience. I heard his story of sneaking reads of it on the plane, but now I have to hear what his thoughts were on the movie. Was he one of 3 guys in the whole theater?
Hey just saw your blog on Leeann's. It's fun to see your family outside of church. Hope you don't mind I'm blog stalking you..
Hey Katie! The weeks are counting down for you....wahoo! Thanks for the reviews! I'll have to pick up the Goose Girl to read...that is....after I finish my stack of 6 books right now! I am currently reading the Circle of Doors by Ranse Parker. It is very interesting...good in a lot of ways, but very detailed and has had been a little hard for me to get through. I have not seen the Twilight movie yet, but agree with you on the 4th book. Ick!
Enjoy your sleep the next few weeks! I can't wait to hear the next update! Hugs! Stacey
Ooh! I can't believe you hadn't discovered the Goose Girl prior to this. As your former fellow book grouper I'm ashamed of myself. Everything Shannon Hale has written has been fabulous! You might also enjoy Austenland, her novel for big girls who have a regency England fetish. =)
Post a Comment