Wednesday, November 05, 2008

diaper cake creation!

So i've been seeing these around lately at boutiques and baby showers. This past weekend was a shower for my friend, Afton, and I thought I'd give it a try. How hard could it be really? So I just googled "How to make a diaper cake" and found about a million links. So I just started scavenging (sp) around my house to see what I could come up with before I went to the store and guess what... I had everything! The bottom two layers are newborn diapers (we had a left over box from aspen that I've been saving for #2), the top layer is made up of 2 tye-died onesies and a little burp cloth I had made a while ago.... I sewed little ribbon tags all around the edges. Then I just tied it all up with a few pink ribbons i had on hand and finished it off with the cute pink flower hair clip that i made with a couple of heidi swapp pink flowers, a bling brad, a hair clip and some hot glue! I must say I was a little impressed with myself. i might just have to make myself a blue diaper cake... it was so fun! Unfortunately, I was sick as a sick dog the day of the shower so i just had to drop it off and run... but good luck Afton... you are a trooper!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Linda said...

Okay Katie. You have totally missed your calling. Why aren't you doing all your crafts & selling them?!! You could be rich, I say, RICH. I'm not stalking you, I just am bored on this Saturday at work.....

kj said...

I want that cake to be real with all those layered frosted with the yummiest frosting. I want a slice right now. Konni has been making those too. It is gorgeous!

Traci said...

What a cute cake! I love it, you did a great job!

{owens} said...

Wow, it really did turn out so cute! Love it. Now maybe if we could just get pregnant then you could make me one....ha ha..

Elise said...

Too cute. I did one for a friends shower too and yours could beat mine with the ugly stick. Loves, E

Clark Captions said...

Katie! You are so amazing! This is beautiful!! Talented, pure talent! Wish I could be creative like that! Maybe in my next life! haa haa!

We really appreciate you guys coming over for dinner the other night! Big thanks to Clark for sharing his brain and expertise with Kyle. And, it was so great to get caught up with your life a bit! We are anxiously awaiting your next blessed event! Keep us posted!