Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring Fever, and crafting... again



Before:




After:


I just made this cute spring apron. It is similar to the one that I'm making for my apron swap which I signed up for with my friend, Brynn, on this blog. (which by the way, is an awesome blog if you're into creating things... she has great, EASY, ideas for all kinds of things). I'm trying to decide if I'm keeping this one for myself or if I'll save it to give as a gift... it's really tempting me... it keeps saying, "just let me stay with you". We'll see. I seriously have a bad case of SPRING FEVER and these bright fun fabrics are just getting me more and more in the spring mood. I'm so ready to crack out the warm weather wear... my closet just feels so drab and full of dark clothes and sweaters. Can I just say, I'm over it! The past couple of days have been in the 50's, a far cry from the every week snowstorms we've been having like all winter. I know it's really too soon to get excited about spring, but I kind of can't help myself. It doesn't help that I've been sick-o for the past week with an ugly cold (preceeded by a weeks worth of 4 cold sores, yes, i said 4). I think my body just decided to shut down on me. It has translated into 2 weeks of no-running... i need to get back out again, it keeps me sane. So with the nice weather and my body back on track... i'm so ready to get back out! I need to hurry and sign up for the SLC 1/2 marathon to give me something to work towards.

Another project I'm just finishing up is my circle journal which is getting ready to make it's trip around the world. I was invited by my friend, Chanel, to join a circle journal group. The idea is that you make a little book with whatever theme you want and you start it by creating the first page. Then, you mail it off and someone else mails there's to you to add the next page. Then you mail that on off and so on, until yours eventually gets mailed back to you complete. I don't want to post pics just yet, or give away my theme. But i will for sure post when it returns to me. Chanel lives in Australia and i'm not sure where everyone else lives, but my journal will definatly travel across the globe and back.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally have Spring Fever...I have been busting out my yellow, green, and orange shirts and wearing them all week and I keep getting comments...you look like Spring! Lets for sure hang out sooner than later!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And I forgot to say I love your craftiness. Can you give some to me please? And love your new blog layout...is it on blogger?

Brooke Bowen said...

That apron turned out so cute! I'm sure that your apron swap lady would love it if you don't want to have to hurry and make another one.

Danielle said...

Your creativity scares me at times. Where do you come up with these ideas? Anyone should be lucky to have a samll portion of your craftiness bug!

Clark Captions said...

Katie! You have so much talent! Love the new apron! It looks like a keeper to me!

Anonymous said...

Hi katie!!!

love that adorable apron...and the fabric is so pretty!!

just popping in to check out your blog...i am part of your Cj mwith chanel...you journal will eventually make it to alberta canda!!!

have a fabulous evening!!!

Elise said...

That is TOO cute. Can I please copy you??? I'd love the pattern if you have it handy : )

E

Abby said...

Oh...my...goodness - I LOVE this apron!!! It's so cute! If you want, email me and I'll put a photo of it on my site with the others!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I love LOVE that apron! Sooo fun - it just makes me smile!

Traci said...

Katie, I want you to make me one of these adorable aprons, don't forget unfortunately I am still XL. Love you, can't wait to see it!