Monday, February 18, 2008
so proud of myself!!!
So, I've been knitting for a while now, but just straight knitting... nothing fancy. I really enjoy knitting, I love when Aspen is down for a nap and I can just sit and watch t.v. and knit for an hour or two. I know weird, but I do. I guess I'm just practicing up on my granny skills. With Clark in school, my evenings at home have been pretty quiet as well... so I've had some time on my hands. I got the idea of getting DVD's from the library (with the writers strike and all, there hasn't been anything good on tv). So I decided to pick a series that i haven't seen before to start watching, so i picked northern exposure. Remember that show from the 90's. I remember my mom used to love it and i just thought what the heck i'll check it out. So that's pretty much how I've spent the last cold and stormy month... all cozy on my couch watching old scratchy DVD's and knitting my scarf! i found the pattern online just from a google search and I started making it, but I couldn't remember how to do a purl stitch and i had no idea how to make a cable... so I did some more google searching and ended up watching little video clips of knitting techniques and what do you know... I figured it out! I was sitting there thinking, I can't believe i'm watching knitting video's online. anyhow, it was a really fun project. I wasn't even sad that I got to the orange county airport two hours before my flight (you just never know how bad traffic will be... or not bad), i just listed to my ipod and sat there knitting watching the sunset out the windows. It was great.... and I finished the scarf!
so now, i'm working on a hat to match... it may take me a while longer, I may need more online video instruction. I'll post pics when i finish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
very impressive ... you go girl!
Sooooo impressive! Skills... you've got skills!!
This is sooo cool Katie! I am very impressed! Way to be a self learner and take on the knitting challenge. Next thing you know, you will be teaching classes! Your scarf is awesome, really! I can't wait to see the hat!
I here that knitting is in. Way to beat me to the punch. It looks great.
OHHHHH you are going to get SO addicted. I have some really cute patterns. I'll send them your way. I hope that you got on knitting help.com. If not, check them out. They have great video instructions too!
Lata,
E
Post a Comment