Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween party





So here are our official halloween costume pictures!
Last night we had our annual Kasteler Family Halloween Party.
Our costume inspiration started with Aspen's costume. She brought this home one day in her diaper bag from the babysitter's house.
apparently, the next door neighbor had given it to her. I was dying at how cute it was and it totally fits her perfect. I love it!
so we had to go along with the "tinkerbell" theme. I decided Peter Pan would be pretty easy to put together, but Capn Hook... where was i going to find a red coat? I ended up first getting a pattern to make one and then realizing it was WAAAAY too ambitious, so I remembered Clark had this old suit that we had bought from the DI a couple of years ago for Halloween, so i thought we could modify it a little. I went to the fabric store and just happened to be there on a day when all their costume fabrics were 1/2 off. So I ended up buying all the fabric to be able to cover the whole coat. I have to admit, I was pretty proud of myself!

Thanks to Aunt Karol Jean who always goes over the top and puts so much time and effort into continuing this tradition. It's always fun to get together and see what everyone is going to be. And she never dissapoints with the food... especially the cheezy bread, mmm.

It was fun also that during the party, we were able to get the family in China up on the web cam so they could be part of the party as well. It wasn't as good as actually having them there, but it was definately second best.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kage said...

I wish I could have been there. We would have been twins. J and I and the little one are being you three, and throwing in a Wendy with big sis.

chanel said...

very cool ... heidi told me about your outfits, you look awesome! have to say that Love Today is my fav song on my ipod right now ... so catchy! love it!

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE! Seriously, I think that London and Aspen are of the same mode. London is being a fairy princess (not quite Tink, but has the wings and all). Jake is a Knight and I his medieval princess. I LOVE ALL HALLOW'S EVE!

Brooke Bowen said...

so cute! Nice job on the costumes! We're lame and don't dress up anymore. It's all about Dax these days.