Hi all. So i've been a slacker blogger lately, everyday I think what could I blog about today? I'm disappointed to say my life has been pretty mundane lately. It feels a lot like a repetetive cycle of wake-up, get aspen ready for the day, drop her off at the babysitters and go to work. Or wake-up, hang around the house in pj's for a few hours watching playhouse disney... giving buggy a bath, then continuing to clean up messes around the house for the rest of the day until bedtime again. I can imagine all you moms can relate. I think my mom used this to describe what life is like when you have little kids: the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I can relate. That's not to say I haven't had anything fun or exciting going on. Aspen is always full of suprises. Right now we're hanging out in my office/scrapbook room which is generally OFF limits to those persons under 25lbs. But occasionally she's allowed in. She has dumped out my entire plastic tub of acrylic paints and is pretending to drink them. (more like trying to drink them, gratefully the lids are impossible to get off). And she's also climbing into my sewing machine case and pretending like it's a sled... trying to slide all over! See, the entertainment never ceases. Aside from the continuing excitement that accompanies an 18 month old. Here are a few other highlights..
The office. Need I say more. Never dissapoints. Clark and I have a standing date in the tv room every thursday night. A highlight of the week for sure!
The twilight series of novels by Stephanie Meyer. Those of you who know what I'm talking about... you know what I'm talking about!!! And for those who don't. What are you waiting for?!? okay, I'll admit they're a little cheezy. And Bella isn't the sharpest tool in the box. But still, I've been loving reading these books. My new job has a significant amount of "down-time" in between patients some days. So i have been able to plow through the first 2 novels and I'm already 1/2 way through the 3rd. While I'm anxious to read-on. I don't want it to end. But I have for sure enjoyed reading these books, I'm a sucker for a good story. I don't have anything to read after I finish this one, so I'm open for suggestions!
And another highlight has been VIDEO CHAT! My sis and her fam have recently upped and moved to CHINA!!!! It's been extra sad to know they're all the way to china. I've been tempted to start digging a hole in my backyard and see if I can eventually make it to their back yard. I'm used to them being out of state, but out of the country just seems... I don't know. Before, i could at least call whenever and only had to think about what time it was one hour ahead or behind us. Now it's 14 hours difference. So... here's the highlight! All my family has set-up web cam's so we can video chat. It's been so much fun. I never realized before now that my computer already had a built in web cam, i just had to figure out how to use it. Aspen loves to sit on my lap and see whoever I'm talking to. It's crazy to think of the technology that will happen in her lifetime. i'm just glad video chat has happened in mine. It reminds me of back-to-the-future II I think. Is that the one where he goes to the future and see's himself getting fired by his boss through the tv? Crazy... that's what we're doing now basically! I love it. Although, sometimes it's better to not have to see yourself or let whoever you're talking to see you. When i talked to heidi it was super late at night for her and first thing in the morning for me. We were both looking a little ragged! haha. I'm grateful that China no longer feels quite so far away, and i don't have to start digging a hole in my backyard. Maybe just saving some money for plane tickets!
So hopefully, i'll be a better blogger. Heidi's year to remember class has issued a "photo-a-day" challenge for the next 30 days. So i'll try and be good about posting my photos.
2 comments:
Okay, so first of all, I totally understand what you mean about having a child. The days and weeks totally feel like that. London's fever ended up being roseola. Fun eh? I guess it is going around. She has been a real delight lately (said sarcastically). Some tantrums have occured. YIKES! Secondly, don't get me started on the Twilight series.. Okay, I will get started... LOVE THEM! Read them all in one week and have been utterly disappointed in the other books I have read. Though try Shannon Hale's Austenland or Book of a Thousand Days... They are alright, but not nearly as exciting as the Twilight series. I am going to have to read them all again before Breaking Dawn. GO TEAM EDWARD! Love him. Who are you rooting for? We need to go to dinner soon! Let us know when you guys want to go out! Sorry for the long comment...
Your description of being a mommy is so right on. I'm glad someone else can relate! You are burning through twilight! I'm not even done with the second one yet. Glad you like them!
Post a Comment