I'm happy to report that we are all cleared up from the flu in our house! hopefully that's it for the season. i'm telling you, last week was a long one! We thought we were all better until we drove to Idaho Friday night. I didn't get off work until 8:00 and what is usually a 3 hour drive didn't end until aroun 1:00 am after one stop for a poopy diaper and two stops for big throw-ups all over the carseat... yuck! We almost turned around after the third stop, but somehow that seemed like more effort than to just keep going. Gratefully buggy did fall asleep and we eventually made it. I remember when Clark and I were dating, and even first married, I loved our trips to Idaho because we would just talk the whole way and it was some of our best time to just talk. Now that we've been married forever (okay, not quite.. but we're hardly newlyweds anymore), we rarely take the time to just talk about whatever is on our minds. We're always in such a hustle-bustle going to and from work and trading off with the baby etc. Sometimes when we drive to Idaho, it's a 3 hour nap for me and Clark just listens to music. But this was a good trip. Since it was so late, I made and extra effort to stay awake and talk to keep Clark going and it was really good. It reminded me of our drives when we were still getting to know everything about each other, and also reminded me that we still don't know everything about each other... which is a good thing. I'd hate to think we've got each other completly figured out, because the rest of our lives would be pretty boring!
so we had a nice visit with Clark's family, and it was beautiful saturday morning. Clark and I got up and went for a run and it was one of those mornings you wish you could bottle and crack open whenever you needed something really refreshing. The fall colors are beautiful across all the farmlands. i've been a major slacker with my photos... I keep saying I'll be better tomorrow and then I realize tomorrow came and went. i wish I had taken photos in Idaho because this time of year just doesn't last long enough.
So anyhow, this week has been much better than last and I have a renewed gratitude for our healthy bodies. I have a good friend who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer earlier this year and she's been enduring chemotherapy for the past 4 months. She is pretty much sick every other week. I truly can't imagine what it has been like for her. I was only sick for a few days and I was so miserable. She is such a strong, beautiful, positive, amazing person and she is an example to me of enduring your trials. My heart and prayers go out to her and her family. Again, I am so grateful for the health that i have and my family... when it really comes down to it.. there's not much that matters more than the health and happiness of those you love.
3 comments:
I totally feel the same way about long car rides! They're best for us when Mike is driving because if I drive, he's usually on his laptop, or reading or something. If he's driving it's either music or conversation -- not a lot of choices. I'm glad you're all feeling better!
I am glad you guys are feeling better!!!
Throw up in the car seat is the WORST! We had that experience this summer and had to unhook the car seat with Dane still buckled in, carry it out of the car, strip him down and throw his clothes away. I washed the pad of the seat while Jason sprayed the base with the hose. I have learned to keep a towel in my car ever since. Gross!
Post a Comment