Saturday, November 03, 2007

wish I hadn't forgot...

I wish right now that I hadn't forgotten that I was on-call tonight at my new job. then I wouldn't have had to leave Clark babysitting at my brother's house to fend for himself with Aspen and her high-energy, sweet, lovable cousin. Wishing that I hadn't forgotten to grab my work back which had in it a number of things that would be very useful to me, such as my ID badge which would have allowed me to more easily get into my locked-down unit without having to sneak around the halls of this new unknown building to finally find the door to the main O.R. propped open and have to hurry and run fast through the corridor that is off limits to anyone without proper OR attire. Also wishing I had my ID badge so I could get into the super secret locked down staff lounge which is home to the ever wonderful fountain of never ending diet coke. Instead I found a packet of hot cocoa mix which I made and microwaved just too long enough to burn my tongue. Wishing I had my work bag with me which has the book I'm currently reading, actually re-reading. It's called "The Return" by I can't remember who because the book is not here with me. I think his name is David Marcum, I could be wrong. I recieved this book as a gift from my MIL probably 5 Christmas' ago at which point I read and enjoyed very much. Then about 2 years ago she gave me the second book in that series. I have picked it up and tried to read it a couple of times, but for the life of me, I can't remember what happened in the first book or how it ended. Since I'm having reading withdrawls since finishing the Twilight series, I decided to go ahead and read it again since I remeber enjoying it the first time and now I can move right into the second book. Darn, wishing I had that book right now. Wishing I could somehow break my $20 so I could have some change for the candy machine, oh wait, forgot the candy machine is in the lock-down staff lounge next to the fountain of un-ending diet coke. Bummer... wishing I hadn't forgot.

Grateful I didn't forget my phone so I could be reached when I was called in. Grateful LaRane let me borrow her shoes so I didn't have to come to work in flip-flops, they frown on that kind of unprofessionalism. Grateful I have internet access so I can catch up on everyone's blogs while I'm waiting the next 1 1/2 for my next patient to come out of surgery.

3 comments:

gramakas said...

sorry you are having such a rough shift! You could be down here with us exhausted after a tough day on the ATVs...honestly, we are ready for bed and it is only 8:30 and we get that extra hour tonight... We're going to need it! Hope your shift is a short one!

Danielle said...

Oh man! It's horrible to be caught off guard like that. And the deprivation of a cold caffienated beverage is even worse!

Chelsa said...

That sucks! I can relate to being called in to the recovery room when you really don't want to go. The worst is when you're almost home and they call you in AGAIN! Oh well. At least you have D.C.