i feel like i've had some serious creators block lately. A couple of weeks ago, I got had a big box show up on my doorstep full of scrapbooking supplies that had been leftovers from when Heidi packed up her scrapbooking room for China. I have come into my scrapbook room a number of times to play with all my new supplies and I've accomplished nothing besides making a mess without anything to show for it. So finally I had some creative flow this afternoon and I made this page:

i made this layout back in September right after I got home from Creative Escape. This layout uses some of the techniques heidi used in her class and I was really excited to give it a try. Her project was similar, only it was done on canvas... really cool. I haven't recieved her class kit yet, but when I do I'll do the project and post it because it's really awesome. anyhow, I still wanted to use the masks and distressinng ink, so I just did it on cardstock instead and it was fun. i was more just playing around, but it came together.

This Layout was the art challenge for October in heidi's BPS class. It was all about time and we were supposed to choose a photo that reminded us of a specific time and reminds us how much time has passed. I chose this photo because it's one that was taken when we were having our engagement photos taken. I thought it was appropriate for October since it's the month we were engaged... SEVEN years ago... talk about a reminder of how fast time goes by. The different journaling spots were specified to journal in one spot about what we remember about that day... I can remember being so excited about being engaged, having a lot of fun planning our wedding and feeling like it would never actaully happen. the other journaling spot was to talk about how this photo makes us feel now after time has gone by. I look at it now and see how young we were... though we thought we were so old and mature, ha ha, little did we know about anything. We really have gone through a lot together in our quick seven years and while I think we've figured some things out... I think more than anything I realize how much we still have to learn and figure out about life and each other.

4 comments:
You are so freakin creative. Seriously, I wouldn't know where to begin with scrapbooking. Good thing there are blogs out there, they are my saving grace! Love your pages. Love your new background! As far as the aquarium went, London had a blast. It was kind of small and dinky, but as long as she liked it, we didn't mind! Talk to you soon!
So cute Katie! Seriously creative stuff! I love it.
You're so talented! Just today my mom was looking in a Keepsakes magazine and there on a side add for Heidi Swap was Aspen! I don't know if it was the one on your blog or another one, but it was sure cute!
i love your LO's they are so great .... i ordered some of heidis stuff and it arrived last week, so fun ... its just finding the time to sit down and play!
Post a Comment