Monday, September 10, 2007

not quite sure what the prob is


Okay, so I'm not sure what the problem has been. Everytime I try and load these photos it won't work... so frustrating. I swear I'm doing it the same way I always have. So hopefully it's cooperating now. We'll see!

so whew... Sept has really ended up being a lot crazier than I realized it was going to be.. with starting my new job and going to Idaho and then this past weekend I spent in Arizona as a volunteer at Creative Escape. It was so much fun. I was so glad I got to be a part of it. I pretty much got to just hang out with Heidi the whole time and help out in her class. Her project was so cute, it was a canvas memory board. i will for sure post the finished project when I get mine done. I'm excited because it's the perfect color to go in aspen's bedroom. Heidi always does such a great job when she teaches, she's so inspiring. The keynote speaker Saturday night was Allison Tyler Jones, who is not only an amazing photographer but truly an amazing person. She was also so inspiring and funny. Her speach was about life lessons and she talked about this book called "letters to my younger self" (I think that's the title). I will for sure have to read that book (of course after I finish reading harry potter... I'm almost done, don't give anything away!)

In addition to the amazing classes and speakers, all the details about creative escape were so great, including the little goodies waiting in your room at night. The first night was a sleep mask, the second night was yummy chocolate covered popcorn. Everything was so well planned and executed, and the food was really good too. I have to admit it was a nice weekend away, and the best part was the flight WITHOUT a crazy 18 month old! Not that I didn't miss her, but i just enjoyed being able to simply read harry potter the entire flight. My only complaint was on my flight down, i sat next to the stinky guy. You know who I'm talking about.. the one with the t-shirt with cut-off sleeves... yep, that guy. I almost ended up next to him on the way home, i thought I was going to die, but luckily I ended up across the isle from him.

As always, as nice as it is to get away, it's even more nice to be home again. I missed Clark and aspen and my own bed. And I actually don't think we even have anymore out of town trips even planned! It's nice to be home again.. we're looking forward to the new season of all our favorite shows to start. Here are a few of our favs

Smallville
Men in Trees
Lost
Heroes (clark)
prison break (clark)
24 (clark)
Also the final season of Gilmore girls is coming out on DVD in november, I can hardly wait!

also, also, I realized I never posted about the SYTYCD finale! We were super excited that Sabra won, she was amazing! This year really had some great dancers and performances. It was fun to keep up with it over the summer, I just hate that we have to wait until next summer for another season. But The biggest loser starts tomorrow and we love that one too. It's so inspiring.

okay, lots of ramblings. these are the photos from our trip to idaho. Below is Clark and his dad and their 41 perch, 3 trout, 2 walleyes (sp?), and 3 bass. I think that was the count, it was a lot of fish whatever they were. We even cooked some of them up.. yum!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Some of our best friends are thinking about moving to Twin Falls! I will have to tell you if they do and you can give the "inside" info.
P.S. Jason's most favorite fish in the whole world is walleye. You were lucky to catch some!

Melanie said...

Wow! Lots going on for you guys. Harry Potter is SO good! My brother-in-law gave away something HUGE sitting next to me at a dinner in Switzerland before I had read it, so I was LIVID. I started smacking his arm and my husband's poor Swiss grandpa, who is really proper and doesn't speak any English, was so confused and asked someone, "Why is she hitting him?" Yeah, it was a little embarrassing, but I couldn't believe he let it slip, knowing that only one other person at the table had read it. I'm glad you got to read peacefully on the plane!

chanel said...

oh so cool ... i was thinking about you guys at CE .. i think i'm going to have to come next year! it sounds awesome - can't wait to see your project.
good to see Prison Break is starting again, of course it will take some time to get to us here in Aussie (lol)
luv c

Anonymous said...

How could you leave out the Office and Scrubs?

Anonymous said...

home looks pretty good! i wish we would have caught some fish!

Love Elder Hymas