So we have become serious SALSA makers. I posted earlier about our garden, well... we have been so enjoying our harvest! These are pictures of tomatoes and peppers we picked in the backyard. We've been making salsa like crazy... the photo above is of Clark making roasted salsa which we've only made once so we haven't perfected it yet... but we've gotten pretty good at the pico de guillo (sp?). Having all our fresh veggies has really pushed us to come up with new things to make which has been really nice to get out of the rut of making the same thing for dinner every week. Some of our new favs have become fresh fajitas, and peppersteak sandwiches, tacos... and of course as already blogged about: panini's. Clark is already planning the garden for next year and how he'll lay it out differently so we can plant more stuff. Next year we're wanting to add Zucchini (I've got a killer recipe for Zucchini bread), green beans (Aspen's favorite food), and pumpkins so we can carve and decorate our own jack-o-lanterns.
Speaking of jack-o-lanterns, and halloween just around the corner, Aspen has been practicing wearing her halloween costume! i can't give anything away, but it's super cute and I'm afraid that Halloween will come and she'll throw a fit or something and not want to wear her costume, so we put it on every once in a while to get excited about it... so cute!
Exciting news to post about... cam and rane welcomed their sweet new baby boy last thursday. He's so sweet... and tiny, I think he only weighs 6lbs 2oz... so little! Aspen came out a whopping 8lbs 5oz, so this little guy just seems extra little. But he's doing great. They named him Cache, and you can click here to check out some sweet photos of him! Congrats!
2 comments:
Okay, so if you have a good salsa recipe, I want it! Email it to me. I splurged and bought myself a kitchenaid food processor and I have tried salsa, but I didn't have an exact recipe so it didn't turn out to our liking... So anyways, email me your recipe if you would... We all need to go out to dinner, when is a good time for you guys.
You will have to share the love with my salsa loving husband. AND..when did you become a gardener? I miss you...lets hang out soon okay!
Post a Comment