I love it when you come up with something new and you feel positively brillant! Okay, it's not that amazing of a discovery but i strive to find pleasures in the little things in life... like this.
we recently discovered making panini sandwiches using our george forman grill. We're hooked, we're making them all the time now. the best part is that you have greater chances of having a successful grilled sandwich. See, I have this genetic disorder, passed down from my mom's side and it involves the inability to make a grilled cheese sandwich without abosolutly burning the crap out of one side. Ususally the second side because you go into it with the "can-do" attitude, and you stay close by peeking underneath about every 15 seconds to make sure it doesn't burn and that you can finally proove to your spouse that you are in fact capable of making a grilled cheese sand. So you wait for the perfect moment to flip it over and it's beautifully golden brown and crispy and you think to yourself... this is it, this could be the one! That's when you get cocky and you think you can walk away for just a quick minute to unload the dishwasher or something. Then without fail, the phone rings and you start talking and all thoughts of the now scorching sandwich are gone and it's not until your spouse walks in the kitchen and smells something burning and senses the smoke coming from the stove that he so kindly informs you of your FAILURE!!!! I don't know if anyone else can relate (heidi), but it's a bad situation everytime. but not anymore. I have succesfully made 3 really yummy panini's in my george forman grill! It's so simple, you just buy flatbread from the grocery store and pile in all your favs: ham, turkey, avocado, whatever. Lately Clark and I have been into spicy... so we add spicy mayo and pepperjack cheeze... totally hits the spot.. and it gets crispy, not soggy, not burned... and there is no flipping involved. it's a win win all around and I have a greater sense of accomplishment. I encourage all to try!
5 comments:
We are fans of our George Foreman for that very reason! In fact, it has been several years since we used it to grill meat ... it is simply a sandwich maker now. But you've gone very deluxe, we usually stick to tuna melts and grilled cheese with tomato and garlic. I'll have to try some of your fanciness next time!
Do you think it is too late for me? I may just have to continue to burn them for the rest of my life... I'd hate to lose that legacy in the minds of my kids & grandkids!
yum, I'll have to give it a try!
We are SO with you on this! Jess got married last week and they didn't get a Forman. Oh, don't you worry... I made sure they knew of the limitless possibilities. They bought one the next day : )
Isn't it just the best idea?? I've been using my GF for paninis for a couple of years - my fav is a croissant with salami, provolone cheese and arugula! Give it a try! Happy tasting, Cathy
Post a Comment