Friday, April 30, 2010

FIJI {day one}



About 14 hours after boarding my flight in SLC, leaving my cute hubby to take over for me for the next ten days... I arrived in NADI, FIJI to be greeted by my missionary mom and dad! It was so fun to reconnect with them after 9 months... yeah, they are half way! We turned right around and hopped on this little plane to take a one hour flight to Taveuni, the "Garden Island" of Fiji!
This was my view from my seat on the plane, you could actually see into the cockpit from where I was seated.

From there we hopped in a 4 door, taxi truck and headed to our resort, the "Garden Island" resort.

This was the view from the lobby of the hotel...
The view from our room.

I definitely found my "happy place", the perfect place to rest while the jet lag sunk in.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! Thanks for inviting me to your blog.

Linda said...

Loved your posts, so glad you got to visit your parents. Paradise, for sure!

MarshandKrissy said...

Thanks for adding us!! I'm so jealous of your trip--it looks so refreshing and reminds me so much of my trip to Tonga. Beautiful country!!!