Friday, April 30, 2010

FiJi {day seven}


Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end... Today we packed up and said goodbye to the Wellesley, imagining how we can all come back some day. We took our time as we drove the rest of the highway along the coral coast and enjoyed all the scenery on our way back to Nadi. We made it in time that we could all have one last lunch together at the Hard Rock Cafe, FIJI on Denaru Island. It doesn't take long out of the country to start craving American food again... and by this time I was starting to get anxious to get home, see Clark, Aspen, Bryson, sleep in my own bed and meet our newest family member... Izzy!



A Huge thanks to Elder and Sister Kasteler, I loved coming and having a glimpse of your mission and your life in Fiji... I can't imagine you guys any place else, it's a perfect fit for you guys. I'm so glad you guys have this time to not only serve as missionaries but be on this adventure together! 9 months has FLOWN by, and the next will go by even faster! And seriously, how many people get to spend their 40th wedding anniversary in FIJI?!?

5 comments:

kj said...

Katie what an absolutely fab - u - lous trip you had. Your photos are so pretty. Mostly I just want a coconut bun right now!

gramakas said...

What a GREAT trip!!!! So glad we got to share it with you! Thanks for making the effort and sacrifice to come so far --- it will get us through the next 9 months! Our love and thanks to C, A & B for letting you leave them behind and spend time with us. The only thing that would have made it any better is if they all had been able to come along!

Brooke Bowen said...

What an awesome trip! I'm glad you got to spend some nice time with your cute parents. Those pictures are amazing! I'm still waiting for more info on Izzy?

Rane said...

Amazing! What a great trip.

Lynnae said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I will have to add Fiji to my list of places I want to visit. Looks amazing.