Monday, March 01, 2010

temple photos





So I keep wanting to buy a nice photo of the Salt Lake Temple to hang in our house. You know those cool ones they sometimes sell at Costco? Well, I think they are beautiful but not really in the budget to spend extra money on art. So I decided to take my own swing at it. Today I was cancelled from work, but still had daycare lined up so I went to the temple. Salt Lake is the only temple that is open on Mondays for 1/2 day, so I was able to make it to a morning session. I always forget how much I LOVE the Salt Lake Temple, I'm so glad they still have live sessions, I find that I always come away with something a little different. Plus I just sit in awe at all that it took to build such an amazing structure, especially at the time. I'm amazed at the sacrifice of the early saints for us to have such a beautiful temple to enjoy. I know I don't take enough advantage of it.

Anyhow, it was so nice to have some time today all to myself to spend on temple square and take some fun shots... and now even more fun to still have time to myself to play around with the photos! Guess what everyone is going to be getting for Christmas from me this year? wink!

4 comments:

Brooke Bowen said...

Amazing photos, great job with them! Good job with the coupons! On grocerysmarts.com enter passport g84ckv

PAUL KASTELER said...

Your photos are exquisite! We will look forward to your Christmas gift! (just don't sent it over to Fiji)

Lynnae said...

You really need to print those at McKenna Pro. The prints from Ritz just didn't do them justice. If you still have trouble getting an account, you are welcome to use mine.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so if you decided you want to sell me a picture, I will buy one for our house. I have wanted those cool costco pictures, but I can't afford to spend an arm and a leg on em! They look great!