
I took this photo last monday while I was downtown. I was just walking along the sidewalk and looked down and saw a flower. It's the very first flower i've seen in bloom this year. I was so happy to see it! Then I came home and noticed that in my own flower beds I have a bunch of little spring flowers just starting to peek through the soil. I even have ONE yellow crocus in bloom! Wow. We made it through winter. It's been one heck of a six months, and just the sight of these beautiful little flowers are just symbols to me that we made it! I remember back in October when I planted the bulbs, I was actually talking to them, and saying how much I was looking forward to seeing them bloom in the spring because that would mean we made it through winter!
The past six months have been a long haul... Clark's final two semesters of school, and lots of unexpected travel with work. That combined with being cooped up inside with extra high energy kidlets... there was a lot of stir crazy that went on. But I'm happy to say that we are SO almost there! Clark is actually in his very LAST class (hopefully EVER!) and spring is in the air, we're out riding bikes, and pushing the jogging stroller with my rollerblades. I'm LOVING it!
Change is good, seasons are good... just when you think you can't stand winter a minute longer, the tulips start to peek through the ground letting you know you're almost there!
No comments:
Post a Comment