
Clark officially started his new job last Monday, so he's been out here a week now. I flew out on Friday to spend the weekend and see first hand what we're getting ourselves into... or what we've already gotten ourselves into I should say.... below is a photo of our home sweet home... at least for the duration of our 90 day contract! Nothing like living in a 2 bedroom, 3rd floor apartment. love it! I'm pretty sure the stairs are going to get old fast, in fact they might be old already... but that really is my only complaint. We are really grateful to be able to move out here temporarily while our house sells. I'm SO thankful not to have to do the whole live in your house while you are showing it and having to keep it clean 24/7. I'm glad we can all be out here as a family and not have to do any long distance crap-0-la. So I have NO complaints about our apartment. Esp since there is a great little clubhouse with a pool close by that I'm sure we'll be at every single day! We're also only 5 minutes from target, so how bad could that be?
We spent all day yesterday out on the town! Our relator gave us a great tour of downtown KC, hitting all the highlights! We ate a yummy lunch at a restaurant called ingredient.. yumm! And then of course finished off the night with none other than some great Kansas City, BBQ! Gotta love it! So far the only major downer is the humidity...oi... I'm going to miss my dry heat!
All in all, it was a great trip and we are super excited to become missourians, or missourites, or whatever we're about to become!
2 comments:
Home Sweet Home! Good attitude! Actually, we are really excited to come and have a very LENGTHY visit when we get back to the US! Good luck with your move... we love you guys no matter where you live!
I'm so glad you're loving it Kates. It's always great to move to a new town and check out all the new fun stuff to do. I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you are. You're cool like that : D I have a cute friend who moved down there a few weeks ago. If you run into a Carrie or Kenny MacDonald tell them hello from us! I also have a few other friends who are looking at KC for a final destination after residency : D Happy Adventure!
Post a Comment