so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
Friday, July 30, 2010
epiphany... sp?
As I was sitting in the bubble bath tonight, I was reflecting on my new life... I had sort of an epiphany (however you spell that). I was sitting there thinking how I don't really have a house to take care of... aside from keeping things picked up there's not a lot of housework in our little apartment, aside from the usual laundry, dishes, cooking stuff, we don't have a yard to worry about mowing, or weeding, or even making sure the garbage goes out on Thursdays. I don't have to worry about getting me and the kids ready the night before I go to work and making sure they have extra changes of clothes at daycare for swim day, or in case they have an accident. I don't even have a church calling to worry about (yet)... I'm not even that worried about selling our house, it's out of our hands really... just having faith that it WILL sell... eventually, hopefully, sooner than later. But really, I don't HAVE to be anywhere anytime or have ANY schedule whatsoever right now. I find that I like having a schedule so I've been sort of trying to establish one. But the epiphany I had right now is that this little bit of time we have is a little gift... a gift of time for me to just enjoy spending with my kids. I know it won't be long before life picks up in Full swing and we'll have Aspen in pre-school, gymnastics, and have church callings to worry about, then once we buy a house we'll be busy getting all settled in and life will just pick right up where it left off when we left Utah... but for right now, we get sort of a time out. The only thing I have to do is spend time with my kids. I know that one day I'll look back and wish I had more time just to spend with them, and right now I do. I have just that... all the time in the world. So I need to remember that everyday and hopefully change my attitude and perspective a little. I'm so used to being here and there and going going going. I just need to slow down and get into their little lives and enjoy them right now. ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very wish counsel... amen!
Your new life sounds kind of like mine right now. Renting isn't so bad... Hope you're doing well!
Even when your obligations get swingin' I hope you remember and reread your post. Lives of little, sweet ones pass faster than you think. Now that this is your only job, (which is the most important one of all, that of mothering,) soak up every moment good & bad.
Love, Love, it! My "little" Aspen will be turning 14 in November, and I wish I could have those "little" days back. Not that I love her to death now, but I wish I could have more time before she is off creating her own world. Treasure every minute!
Post a Comment