Thursday, July 29, 2010

living in MO day... 2?

We're here~ this is the entrance to our apartment complex. We live in an area called Longview in the city of Lee's Summit, MO. It's about 20-25 minutes south-east of downtown Kansas City. I really like this area and hope we can even find a house here. (ok, that would involve our Layton home selling first... so could you all use the power of positive thinking to help that happen!) Apparenltly, the area was settled by the Long family in the 1800's, they had a huge Farm, and I think a saw mill or something. Anyhow, the area is full of historic Longview Farm buildings. Including the elementary school which has been converted from one of the old barns. Pretty cool! So I am keeping my fingers crossed we can find a home here!

So aside from a trip to the children's instacare the night before we left, and almost sleeping in past our flight... the tirp was relatively uneventful! Poor Bryson has been running a little fever and not feeling very well. By Monday night he could hardly breath.. so my mom/nurse instincts kicked in and I was worried about taking a sick kiddo on an airplane to a place where I didn't know any doctors! So sure enough, the poor guy had an ear infection and croup. Nice. so a couple doses of antibiotics and steroids later, we were ready to go... we're so grateful to eric who was able to drive us to the airport and get us there on time! turns out, I sort of slept through my alarm and we almost didn't make it to the airport in time for our 8:30 flight. Bryson slept almost the whole way.. yeah! and aspen stayed entertained with the whole backpack of things I brought!

We were welcomed at the airport by Clark's Mom and Dad who had driven here with him and arrived the previous day. We spent the rest of the day getting settled into our apartment, then decided to do a little sightseeing that night. We drove into Independence to the LDS visitors center, and then on Wed. am we drove to Liberty Jail. I need to do some reading up on my church history! From there we drove to the airport to drop off Grandpa and Grandma Hymas, at which point I became forever grateful for our GPS! I would never have made it home without it!

So we are excited to be here! Thanks for all the well wishes, farewell parties and people who helped us get pulled together and on our way! We will miss everyone, and are excited to share our travels and adventures with you here!

No comments: