Thursday, February 11, 2010

tonight's deceptively delicious meal...

So tonight I made yummy chicken enchiladas. I only used half of the sour cream and the cream of chicken soup it called for and them added cauliflower puree and cottage cheese for the rest of the filling. I also add enchilada sauce and 1/2 the cheese. It turned out SOOOO yummy! I loved it because it didn't feel as heavy and rich as sometimes they can when you use the heavy sour cream and cream of chicken soup. I just steamed a whole cauliflower in my microwave rice cooker, then blended it up in my turbo blender. I had plenty left over so I just froze the rest for my next sneaky meal! It's a good thing I made such a healthy dinner to balance out the mass amounts of sugar cookies I ate today, while making valentine treats to deliver tonight. mmm!

3 comments:

The Lymans said...

I put this book on hold at the library. I can't wait to try out my new blender when I get it :)

Kage said...

I tried to puree last night with a friends blender so that I could actually use my deceptively delicious cookbook. and it did not puree, so now I feel I should just not try. ; (

Brooke Bowen said...

I need to live next door so I can sample all your yummies! My mom has that bood and I like to try some things out too. I like to see if I can sneak a little spinach or pumpkin in to see if anyone notices! I'll have to try your enchiladas next time!