Wednesday, February 24, 2010

couponing... here I come..

So do any of you out there cut coupons? I have come to a point in my life where I am READY to take on the challenge. I think there is money to be saved and I need to save it! I have NO idea what I'm doing, but really how complicated can it be? The things that deter me are...

having all sorts of coupons and not knowing what i really need.
Not having coupons for then things I really need and not wanting to buy things that I don't necessarily need just because I have a coupon for it.
Expiration dates, having to keep track of when coupons expire
having to shop a million stores just to get a good deal, so not worth the time and effort, esp if kids are in tote.

But in truth, I need to do this. Clark and I had a little reality check of what it's going to take to live off one income when that time comes. (that time will probably come with baby #3 and no this isn't some kind of an announcement). I had the brilliant idea that we would just start living off his income and put all of mine into savings so we could have some savings built up and be all used to living off one paycheck. Well, the ugly truth is that's not going to happen... yet. We have got to make some lifestyle changes and we spend WAAAAAAY too much money on food. I really pay no attention to prices of things when I go grocery shopping. I just make out a list of things we need, sometimes I think in advance and at least plan out meals and I just buy what I need. And then get really grumpy at how much it costs, then we still go out to eat a few times during the week.

So I'm taking on the challenge, I've cut coupons from the sunday paper and the tuesday mailers and i've checked out these websites:


and feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm off to save some money.. wish me luck! If any of you out there are expert couponers... PLEASE HELP ME! I'm feeling overwhelmed by this, and it seems stupid.

No comments: