Thursday, January 28, 2010

getting out...

Anyone else going stir crazy at home? Yesterday we got invited by a friend to go to free zoo day at Hogle Zoo. We were up for anything if it meant getting out of the house and breathing some sort-of fresh air. Usually I think about going to the zoo in the middle of summer when it's like 90 degrees and it's so hot that you can't even stay there very long and the animals are so hot they just lie around. This was the exact opposite, it was too cold to stay very long although it was nice to not have to deal with the crowds! But now the animals were too cold so they were all hunkered down... like the bears for instance who were hibernating. The elephants weren't out so we were bummed we didn't get to see the new baby. Next time I'm going to remind myself to go in the spring or fall... never the less it was a much needed outing.

Today's adventure... Classic Fun Center. Aspen has been begging me all week to go to one of those bouncy house places. I keep hoping she'll forget about it.. not the case. So big deep breath, and wish me luck! Is is too early to be wishing for spring? I just want to be able to send the kids out in the backyard to play, course that means we still need to finish the fence, sigh.

No comments: