Monday, January 12, 2009

SO THANKFUL!

ok, so one of my resolutions this year is to be more aware and thankful for the little things in our life that we take for granted. so i just want to share a little thing i am WAY thankful for...

9:30 am church! anyone out there with little kids can confirm what a nightmare it is to have church in the afternoon. this past year our church has been from 1:30-4:30... ugh. that is EXACTLY when we try and get aspen to take a nap. So every Sunday this past year has been either a fight through church with a cranky 2 year old, or one of us ends up missing church to stay home and let her nap. I kept thinking that since our church is just a street away, we could probably just put her down for a nap with a baby monitor and see if it would work from our house to the church. :)

so the past two weeks, we have all come home from church, changed into comfy clothes, enjoyed a quick batch of sunday nachos (or as aspen calls them.. "machos") and then all passed out. there's NOTHING better than a family sunday afternoon nap. It makes for a much more enjoyable, and restful day as well as a better start to the week!

7 comments:

Brooke Bowen said...

Bottom line is that 3 hours of church is just way too long for any kid! I'm planning on staying home with Shae for as long as possible because we just started the 1-4 time... noooooo! That way Dax can stay home too and nap as usual. If you figured anything out that works getting toddlers through that day, let me know!!!

Clark Captions said...

Yay!!! So glad you were all able to come home and crash after church...there is nothing better!

Anonymous said...

I agree! We just switched to 11 from 9. 9:30 is so much better than 9:00!

Lynnae said...

I totally agree. Our Bishop is convinced that 11 is the supreme time for church. We have been the only ward in our building for a few years and this new year we finally got another one. They announced that church was going to change to 9 and all the moms of young children celebrated.
Unfortunately, it was a psych and we're still at 11. My kids don't get to take a nap until 3, and it makes for a hard time getting them down on Sunday night. So Yes, 9 o'clock church is THE BEST.

Christine said...

Ahhh 9 am church is sheer bliss when you have little ones. When you work nights, 11 o'clock church is the worst because you can't nap before and you can't nap after.

Linda said...

I'm not a mom of young kids, so I LOVE church at 1:30!! It's too long, though, at any age!!

Scott and Kristen Baker said...

As much as I don't like getting up in the morning, ultimately, I think that I would prefer the 9 am - 12 noon schedule and have my afternoon free to nap, relax, or do whatever. For small kids, I agree, the mid-day/afternoon schedule is too rough. When I was in primary, we always had that struggle the first month of keeping the sunbeams awake during sharing time. We are on the 1 pm - 4 pm schedule, which I have mixed feelings about. It gives me too much time to get comfortable and not want to get changed when it is time to do so. On the other hand, sometimes I can't sleep and end up sleeping through my alarm in the morning. Sheesh!