Sunday, January 25, 2009

in all fairness...

(this photo... March 2006... proud new homeowners!)

Okay, I was feeling bad after my last post. I wasn't trying to be ungrateful...so in all fairness to our home, here is the top five list of things I WILL miss after we move.



#5. The blood, sweat, and tears that we poured into this house! This was officially "our first home". We had lived in various apartments, and condo's, (even basements), for the first five years of our marriage. We ended up having our 5th anniversary, buying a house, and having a baby all in the same month or so. This is a picture of me about a million months pregnant with Aspen working at the house. And by working i mean mostly sitting and watching Clark do all the remodel. We tore out all the tile in the mail level and Clark layed a beautiful hardwood floor. We also painted the entire house, and re-carpeted. We even created a third bedroom upstairs. The whole thing was one of those projects that kept getting bigger and bigger as we went. Even when I was in the hospital having Aspen, Clark was out at the house at nights getting everything finished up. My official duty was on soda run to the Sonic that's about a mile from the house. I didn't know where anything else was, but i could find the sonic. We really have put alot of time, energy, and money into making this house a home for us and i'll always remember our first home.... with all it's goods and bads!



#4.... I will definitely miss living less than 5 minutes from the nearest Target, and pretty much any other retailer you might need. We've been totally spoiled. At our new home, I will actually have to get on the freeway to get to the nearest Target, how am I going to cope?




#3... I will miss all the running routes that we've established since living here. It takes so much time and exploring to get some good running routes figured out. Not that i've been running much lately, but I will have to figure out some new places to run... what a pain. And i will DEFINIETLY miss my running buddies, Stacy and Andrea! Talk about motivation and dedication. Those girls whipped me into shape and kept me on track! I've missed running with them the past 9 months and I'm going to miss not running with them at all anymore. We'll just have to make sure and sign up for the same races so we can at least see each other at the starting and finish lines (they kick my butt everytime!)... you guys have been great, I will totally miss running with you!



#2... (This is Clark's input)... We will miss the garden! We're not sure what the yard is like at the new house since it's covered in snow right now, but I doubt it already has a garden spot as great as the one we've made here. We even have it all rigged up with a drip system and everything. We'll be starting all over from scratch on that one.

#1... And Finally, the absolute #1 thing we will miss are all of our awesome neighbors and friends from our ward. We really have made such great friends here. When we were looking to buy this home our number one priority was to get in a neighborhood with people like us... young families and kids for our kids to play with. We found it. Before we even moved in we were welcomed with a pizza party from a bunch of our neighbors and the friendships and fun memories have grown from then. If any of you read this blog, we just want to give a shout out to you and say thanks for being so good to us! Thanks for helping out with Aspen the million times I called and asked for help. Thanks for all the eggs, or cups of flour, or sugar that we borrowed (and probably never returned). Thanks even for the time I ran next door in need of a fire extinguisher! We have been so lucky and blessed to have been here for the short time we have and although we're not going to miss all the stairs, or the yucky blinds in our bathroom... we will absolutly miss all our friends... and the great babysitters!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

You're so cute! It's ok to love and hate things about every house. For us, I love our house but hate our yard... so all is fair in love and war I guess! Oh, and as long as you know where Sonic and Target are you will be alright.

Unknown said...

Where do you live now? I think we live close- behind the Harmon's on 6200. There are lots of conveniences here! Love Jordan Landing!

Afton said...

Congrats on selling the house! I hope you enjoy your new place up North. We might end up sticking around for awhile instead of selling. I'll miss seeing you at church but good luck with the move! When are you actually moving?